Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 14, 2024, 6:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you believe in the God of the Bible, why try to prove it logically?
RE: If you believe in the God of the Bible, why try to prove it logically?
(June 17, 2013 at 6:46 am)orogenicman Wrote:
Quote:Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the people went to meet them outside the camp. But Moses was furious with all the military commanders who had returned from the battle. "Why have you let all the women live?" he demanded. "These are the very ones who followed Balaam's advice and caused the people of Israel to rebel against the LORD at Mount Peor. They are the ones who caused the plague to strike the LORD's people. Now kill all the boys and all the women who have slept with a man. Only the young girls who are virgins may live; you may keep them for yourselves.

Now, I don't know how you interpret that paragraph - apparently it is against your religion to ask questions in Sunday school - but it is clear to me that Moses ordered women and children to be murdered , and virgins to be given to his men to do with as they like. You apparently don't have a problem with any of this. Imagine the outrage had it been Obama that made the order.

Yes, I fully understand that we are talking about a different time, and a different culture from today. And dude, that's exactly the friggin point, isn't it? The god of the Bible was a genicidal sociopath. Most normal people don't subscribe to that sort of thing these days. YOU can't cherry pick the bible by only accepting only what you believe to be the good parts and ignoring the rest. It's the same friggin attitude that got pedophile Catholic priests in trouble the world over. It's the problem with the entire Judeo-Christian religion. Your entire history is one of repeated atrocities followed by unabashed denial. It took Rome 400 years to apologize for what it did to Galileo. 400 friggin years. And it has never apologized for the genocide that occurred during the Crusades.

Shall I continue?

Yes, please continue. I'd like you to build a few more strawmen before I school you on simple chronological reading comprehension. (I'm not making any God claims, just claims about what's written)
Are you up for this game?

(June 17, 2013 at 1:13 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote:
1 Samuel 15:3 Wrote:This is what the Lord Almighty says ... 'Now go and strike Amalek and devote to destruction all that they have. Do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.'

The Lord said it. Right? Okay.

Ezekiel 22:28 Wrote:And her prophets have daubed them with untempered morter, seeing vanity, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith the Lord God, when the Lord hath not spoken.

So, the Lord told them to savagely murder every living thing in sight in Samuel, which could depict God as evil. But in Ezekiel, in a different situation, He apparently never actually told the people to do any of the things they did. So they acted on their own, and God was not the one who told them to do such acts.

I'm asking honestly: what am I missing?

I'm not sure, you have everything up there, what exactly is your conclusion? (you seem to not be able to register the first verse as a lie, am I correct?)

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you believe in the God of the Bible, why try to prove it logically? - by catfish - June 17, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are Paul's writings in the Bible? Fake Messiah 122 7206 October 8, 2023 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Jerry Falwell Jnr "not a christian" and wanted to prove himself to not be like Snr GUBU 18 2060 November 1, 2022 at 8:57 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why you can't find God MilesAbbott81 109 10047 September 19, 2022 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 45074 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  GOD's Mercy While It Is Still Today - Believe! Mercyvessel 102 9224 January 9, 2022 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2888 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Bible Study: The God who Lies and Deceives Rhondazvous 50 5810 May 24, 2019 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  How can you prove that the gospel of Mark is not the "word of god"? Lincoln05 100 12466 October 16, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  In the end, there's just what you personally believe Foxaèr 31 5075 August 12, 2018 at 2:27 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? vorlon13 92 9421 July 23, 2018 at 8:20 am
Last Post: SteveII