Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 2:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If an Asteroid wiped out the Dinosaurs how did Evolution continue?

I think I'm missing something out as I'm pretty new to reading about Evolution in detail. I've watched a few programs and books and this is how its usually depicted:

Evolution started from Bacteria.
Bacteria -> Fish -> Amphibians etc...
Asteroid happens killing the Dinosaurs.
Amphibians continue to Evolve.

So my question is, if the Asteroid wiped out the Dinosaurs, wouldn't it of wiped out the Amphibians and everything else too?

I realise there are other theories such as Volcanos & Ice Aces but wouldn't this have the same effect too?

I know the majority of Scientists believe it was an Asteroid, but I just struggle to figure out how Evolution continued to happen if everything was wiped out?

I'm probably missing something stupid but any enlightenment would be great.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
If an Asteroid wiped out the Dinosaurs how did Evolution continue? - by Oliver1990 - July 6, 2013 at 11:42 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Asteroid killed off the Dinosaurs, confirmed. Napoléon 43 16565 March 16, 2013 at 11:15 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Dinosaurs and Man ScienceLovesGod 182 105117 June 13, 2012 at 1:44 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Dinosaurs' Super-Sized Fleas..... Minimalist 7 3773 March 1, 2012 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Dinosaurs Weren't in the Bible...They Never Even Existed. thesummerqueen 258 95082 January 16, 2012 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Recent asteroid flyby orogenicman 0 1129 November 13, 2011 at 3:27 am
Last Post: orogenicman