Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 11:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Understanding the Creationist Propaganda Model
RE: Understanding the Creationist Propaganda Model
(July 8, 2013 at 5:16 am)catfish Wrote: My borrowed line > "From the Scientific Revolution and the Enlightenment (a period of well over two centuries) to today (or ever), a non-living piece of matter (or conglomeration of matter) has never once created an organism. If you have evidence of this, please bring it forward."
Really? You're going with our present inability to produce a simple living organism from building blocks?

I'll let you do an experiment: take a piece of dirty clothing... throw it in a corner... wait a few months... you'll see life sprouting from it! Tongue

Just messing! Wink

So yes, mankind hasn't managed to create life from lifelessness... but we've found hints as to how that could happen...
goddidit is not a valid hint....

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/200...151856.htm

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/06/tpna/

besides, why would the guy just create the spark and then see how it evolves? Why don't we see new animals/plants being spontaneously created by this god, nowadays?
What's the deal with dinosaurs? And trilobytes?

(July 8, 2013 at 5:16 am)catfish Wrote:
(July 8, 2013 at 5:15 am)pocaracas Wrote: Well, how about you create a new thread exposing those?
I was under the impression that this thread was about exposing the creationist agenda/propaganda... like it says in the title.

Really? I'm a creationist, but not a "Young Earth Creationist".
So which propaganda is he exposing? I have no dispute with evolution, just the origin of life. His entire premise is a strawman... Undecided

He's not arguing the origin of life though, is he? No, he's attacking creationism with his opening line...
"Creationism, as all rational human beings know, is a global scam just like Scientology or the dumb conspiracy theories about John Kennedy's assassination"

Yes, he is... and you then want him to examine other conspiracy theories... why? Let's stay on the topic of creationism... and do note that he mentioned Ray, so I'm guessing he's going after YECs in particular.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Understanding the Creationist Propaganda Model - by pocaracas - July 8, 2013 at 5:39 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another one flying in the faces of creationist - Neanderthal and Homo Sapiens had sex abaris 8 1634 June 23, 2015 at 4:39 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Creationist Vs Scientist On Why Human Intelligence Is Declining Gooders1002 0 1186 March 29, 2014 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  creationist tried to tell me embrology doesn't support evolution. justin 74 23150 April 22, 2013 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Statler Waldorf
  interviewing a creationist (painful) jackman 26 11899 June 21, 2012 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: liam