Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 2:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's Jesse? Where's Al? Where's Benjamin?
RE: Where's Jesse? Where's Al? Where's Benjamin?
I don't think Zimmerman shot Martin because he was black. I haven't heard anyone else express that opinion either. After all, Zimmerman hasn't shot anyone else that we know of, so someone merely being black is obviously insufficient to make him shoot that person.

However, unlike in your example, there's reason to think Martin would not have been shot if he were white because it would not have gotten to the point of the neighborhood guy struggling with the teenager in the first place. A history of Zimmerman following around and confronting white teenagers might disabuse me of this notion. The police should have a record of any such incidents given that he called them before confronting Martin...unless he only called in for Martin because the kid he was about to confront was black, of course.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where's Jesse? Where's Al? Where's Benjamin? - by Mister Agenda - August 8, 2013 at 12:34 pm