Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 9:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So is being God basically the same as playing "The Sims"
RE: So is being God basically the same as playing "The Sims"
(September 25, 2013 at 7:10 am)Lion IRC Wrote: Two posters who are obviously ignorant of the difference between amoral and immoral.

If you're referring to me I know the difference.

I'm asking for clarification of your generalisastion of amorality to 'all' cutting edge scientists.

Can you do that?

You also insinuated in your comment that ethics are out the window when it comes to these scientists, whoever they are. That does in fact suggest that you were inferring a sense of immorality, not just amorality. This is reinforced by the statement you make at the end of your sentance, that scientists only care about accolades. This is an assertion yet to be proven that reeks of personal bias against the topic matter. This also further infers a sense of [b]im]/b]morality abov and beyond lacking morality per se in that you regard scientists as wanting only praise, relegating their job/research ot a second place below their own pride.

A clarification would help belay these questions and advance the debate. All you've done is dismiss a reasonable question, which is very unreasonable.

You're not unreasonable are you, Lion?
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: So is being God basically the same as playing "The Sims" - by Fidel_Castronaut - September 25, 2013 at 8:21 am