Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 10:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
RE: Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
daandaan, your posts might have decent content, but frankly your style of writing is so atrocious that I can't read them.

Forum Netiquette Wrote:Spelling/Grammar

It's very common for people to start using chatspeak on the internet, as it provides a way to communicate faster by typing less characters. Ex. How r u? The problem with chatspeak is it's meant for simple dialog and this is a discussion forum. So to put it plainly, when you're getting into a debate/discussion here and you use chatspeak, you 'sound' dumb. Obviously we can't hear you, but in our heads you come off as an uneducated idiot. It would be like a professor speaking with ghetto slang words. It doesn't necessarily mean that you are dumb, but you're not giving a good impression. Most people will ignore or laugh at someone who can't use simple spelling or grammar.

Therefore, when you are getting into an discussion, type out all your words and use spell-check. Almost every browser has them built in now, but if you don't have it, open word and check it there. Then, once you've finished typing, read what you wrote. Look for spelling mistakes, typos, missing periods, etc... No one is perfect and people make mistakes all the time. (I'm sure there's a mistake in here somewhere. :/ ) However, if you make the effort to write complete words and complete sentences, people will notice and take you more seriously.

This rule also applies to l33tsp34k, which is the method of using other numbers/characters that look similar to the alphabet in order to chat. However, chat abbreviations like "lol" and "btw" are often acceptable as long as they are not overused and avoided in more formal discussions.

So, work on the spelling, please?
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer. - by Kayenneh - October 10, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debunk the divine origin LinuxGal 35 2428 October 9, 2023 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1372 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Age of the Universe/Earth Ferrocyanide 31 4118 January 8, 2020 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 2944 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10249 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  No-one under 25 in iceland believes god created the universe downbeatplumb 8 1822 August 19, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15352 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Josh McDowell and the "atheistic" Internet Jehanne 43 6318 February 8, 2018 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Supernatural denial, atheistic hypocrisy? Victory123 56 9746 February 1, 2018 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Miracles in Christianity - how to answer KiwiNFLFan 89 19165 December 24, 2017 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer