Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 8:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discriminatory language in the terms of a christian forum.
RE: Discriminatory language in the terms of a christian forum.
(October 17, 2013 at 8:36 am)John V Wrote: So they had a preferred sexual practice which hurt no one, but annoyed you, and you prohibited that practice.
Thinking
Well, that bell ringing all day was annoying. And, as I said in an earlier post, it was harming one of them- he was so obsessive that he was losing weight and wearing off his feathers. Are you going to call the ASPCA on me, John, because I took the bell?
Captain Colostomy Wrote:Now I feel bad. I bought a male Lovebird a few years back who died within a week. He would just sit on his perch, all forelorn looking. I suspected loneliness, but I was new to bird owning. Maybe he really did need a mate, one sex or the other.

Possibly I could have saved him had I paid more attention to color? (His bells were blue.) Sad Depressing and painful.
Lovebirds are particularly in need of constant companionship- so they need to be very tame and spend lots of time with you, or have a partner. But if he died within a week, he was probably sick.

And for anyone interested, here's a paper that gives an overview of the studies on homosexuality. And here's one that discusses the genetic evidence in an evolutionary framework.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discriminatory language in the terms of a christian forum. - by Zazzy - October 17, 2013 at 9:19 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Countries that speak a different language to the religion they are aligned with flag UniverseCaptain 25 1731 October 3, 2021 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  So why did the hook nose "become a thing" in discriminatory appearance? Roberto 12 3649 January 23, 2018 at 5:52 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Depressing christian forum posts purplepurpose 46 8643 November 22, 2017 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Religion and language Norman Humann 38 4805 February 2, 2015 at 10:05 am
Last Post: JonDarbyXIII
  What's a good christian forum Lemonvariable72 25 6036 January 2, 2014 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: Snidely Whiplash
  Fundies, End Times and language of the NWO lilyannerose 4 2893 December 11, 2010 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: Justtristo