Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 14, 2024, 2:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discriminatory language in the terms of a christian forum.
RE: Discriminatory language in the terms of a christian forum.
(October 17, 2013 at 9:56 am)John V Wrote: You can take god to the Supreme Court... except- you're HUMAN, not a god.
Why would I take god to the Supreme Court? How is that even possible? I don't believe in god, John. And god isn't oppressing gay people; our society is doing that by taking the words of an old book of mythology literally.
Quote:IOW you're just digging your hole deeper.
If by my hole, you mean your sense that I am being a hypocrite because of my god-like status with my parakeets (which is pretty funny), then I'll make you a deal. I'll give my parakeets back their bell if you embrace the gay marriage movement. Deal?

(October 17, 2013 at 10:23 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(October 17, 2013 at 10:18 am)John V Wrote: Just pointing out that zaz thinks similarly to the god of the Bible in this regard.

Or that maybe he's capable of discerning between a uniform right that all people should be able to partake once they've reached maturity- like being able to engage in a consensual sexual relationship- and a vestigial add on that one can choose to bring into things, like sex toys.
[/quote]
I'm female.Wink
And I don't equate parakeet sexual rights with human sexual rights, oddly enough.
Quote: If a human was using a vibrator that sounded like a jackhammer, they'd be subject to noise complaints too, because sex toys are not covered under human rights.
Maybe I should just call 911 on the keets as I would on a very loud neighbor? I'd love to see the cop's face.
Quote:Gotta say, I never thought a conversation about birds would lead me down this path... Thinking
A fun fact: I looked and looked for parakeet penises during all the sexy stuff, but couldn't see one. So I researched it and... the only birds with penises are waterfowl. Interesting, no? So in John's analogy, I really AM like the pervy spying god watching everyone's sexual behavior.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discriminatory language in the terms of a christian forum. - by Zazzy - October 17, 2013 at 10:23 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Countries that speak a different language to the religion they are aligned with flag UniverseCaptain 25 1738 October 3, 2021 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  So why did the hook nose "become a thing" in discriminatory appearance? Roberto 12 3675 January 23, 2018 at 5:52 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Depressing christian forum posts purplepurpose 46 8681 November 22, 2017 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Religion and language Norman Humann 38 4820 February 2, 2015 at 10:05 am
Last Post: JonDarbyXIII
  What's a good christian forum Lemonvariable72 25 6060 January 2, 2014 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: Snidely Whiplash
  Fundies, End Times and language of the NWO lilyannerose 4 2897 December 11, 2010 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: Justtristo