Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 7:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
RE: Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
(October 19, 2013 at 11:44 am)Sword of Christ Wrote:
(October 19, 2013 at 6:52 am)Brian37 Wrote: HELLO MCFLY!

Of course those gods don't exist, and of course your bible claims other gods don't exist. NO SHIT!

It doesn't say those gods don't exist to begin with it just says you shouldn't worship them. Later texts claim that the gods made in human likeness are just man made creations made in human likeness and have no power over anything.

"There is one God neither in shape nor thought like unto mortals. He abideth ever in the same place motionless and without effort swayeth all things by the force of his mind."

Though that's not in the Bible but the Greek philosopher Anaximenes. The Biblical portrayal is much same kind of thing though. The ancient Jews did start out worshiping various idols and in the Bible you see various returns to it, Baal and the Golden Calf and so on. If you say there are no gods as in human like beings we need to worship in return for favour you're on the right track. There is just the one supreme force, essence of all life, the universe and everything that is worthy of worship.

Quote:It is called circular reasoning. Using the bible to prove the bible is bullshit and you know it.

That's why I don't just rely on what the Bible says, there is logical reasoning and the inner subjective experience and way of understanding God outside of the Biblical context. When the Bible says there are no gods in the "traditional" polytheistic sense we can agree we can agree. Did you know the first Christian were called atheists for rejecting the Roman gods?

Quote:WHY, not what, WHY do you feel the need to have a god.

God is God all that exists is from God. I may as well ask you why you feel the need support this materialist agenda that denies the existence of God?

Quote:I am not asking you what god said, but why YOU feel the need to fill the gap with a god in the first place.

God doesn't fill any gaps I don't believe in that kind of God. The Bible doesn't portray God in that way either, the natural world is Gods creation and it was set in order and form from the beginning of time.

Quote:Your response should go like "I feel the need for a god as an answer because",

You start first and say "I feel the need for pure materialism as an answer because"

And then you say "Richard Dawkin's said so" or whatever. You probably haven't really thought about it beyond dismissing anything that doesn't fit with the presupposition you already have.

Quote:"I feel the need for a god because my god said".

I don't believe in God because I "feel the need" I believe in God other reasons. I have attempted to articulate some of them here. I think the argument from fine tuning and structure of the universe we can at least try and find some common ground there when we're talking about what we can physically observe. Then of course you have the ration philosophical reasons, we know all things that we're made/cause will have a progenitor that's just something that follows. There are also some good arguments from morality and freewill you can certainly bring up. The more hardcore don't believe these things really exist which is a bit tricky but I'm not sure how sincerely they believe that to be the case.

Quote:I don't give a fuck what that book claims, all people claim their books prove their god/s. You quoting your book is as impressive as taking a dump.

That's why I tend not to mention the Bible too much. But if you say things like "I don't believe in gods" I have to point out that I don't believe in gods either. These "gods" people revere in life don't have to be represented by supernatural beings anyway they can be whatever you hold most dear or in place of God.

well u pray to eternity ....u said that yesterday ..

hahahahahahahaha

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer. - by daandaan - October 19, 2013 at 11:59 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debunk the divine origin LinuxGal 35 2424 October 9, 2023 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1370 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Age of the Universe/Earth Ferrocyanide 31 4116 January 8, 2020 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 2941 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10243 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  No-one under 25 in iceland believes god created the universe downbeatplumb 8 1821 August 19, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15335 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Josh McDowell and the "atheistic" Internet Jehanne 43 6308 February 8, 2018 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Supernatural denial, atheistic hypocrisy? Victory123 56 9736 February 1, 2018 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Miracles in Christianity - how to answer KiwiNFLFan 89 19153 December 24, 2017 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer