Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 10:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
RE: Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer.
(October 19, 2013 at 2:04 pm)Sword of Christ Wrote: Do you believe in God and a purpose made universe? If you don't then what I'm saying applies to you you have to know what you actually believe.

Except that there are more than two options, and this has been explained to you multiple times, putting the lie to you claiming that we're all materialists. You know we aren't; we've told you what we believe often enough that there's no longer any excuse for not understanding it. You're just a liar, and have been for some time.

Quote:Are you having some kind of conversation with yourself here? I don't know what you're going on about.

When you tell other people what they believe, when they've specifically told you otherwise, then you are lying, and making strawmen. Is that simple enough for you, or do I need to get out the fucking hand puppets?

Quote:Because you don't seem to know or understand what you believe.

I am literally vibrating with rage right now. Who the fuck do you think you are, you arrogant little shitstain? I don't know what I believe? Yet somehow you, a complete stranger who has never so much as seriously considered my chosen position before, does know? Go sodomize yourself with a raccoon, you lying bag of dicks.

This, if nothing else, just underscores your colossal ego, Sword. You can be told, by the person who you're talking about, that you're wrong about the thoughts they have in their head, and you would rather argue that you know better than they do what's in their minds. Because you just can't be wrong, can you? It'd hurt too much to admit it? You'll keep trundling on into fucking oblivion rather than just accept the possibility that you might be mistaken on any conceivable level.

You have precisely two choices, here: either you continue with this line of reasoning, at which point you need to illuminate us all as to how you know who I am and what granted you the telepathic powers to peer into my head and know that my position is different from the one I've stated, or you can admit that you were wrong. Either way, you can also go fuck yourself.

Quote:If you don't believe in God or a creator or a higher power or a purposeful creation then you are believing what I'm telling you.

Or there's more than two options. Which there is. Ambivalence is the third one. It's mine, and most of the others you've talked to here. You've been informed of this.

So you're a liar.

Quote: Or do you actually believe in God and you're just being dishonest with yourself? Are you trying to be rebellious and cool? Trying to fit in with a group? Do you believe God or not? I'm not asking what you know btw.

I don't believe in god, nor am I a materialist, because I don't stupidly need to lock myself into concrete categories when I don't have sufficient information. Try and let that thought percolate through your anemic little mind before you respond, okay?

Just repeat this to yourself: "I do not know everything. New information exists, and rejecting it out of hand just makes me look like a dickhead."

Quote:You don't even know what you believe. You may want to find out before you try argue about this. Atheists who do know what they believe and why will agree with me.

Look around you, shit for brains: do you see a single other atheist agreeing with you?

Incidentally, given that you haven't once asked me what I believe, how could you know what I do or do not think about it? Our interactions have been roughly restricted to exactly this: you say something inaccurate about what I believe, I say "that's wrong, please don't do that," and you lack the common courtesy to respond with anything other than more inaccurate assumptions.

The entirety of our interactions have been me saying "no, I don't believe that," but don't you dare have the hide to take that to mean I don't know what I do believe, after not even bothering to ask.

Quote:You have demonstrated your own ignorance when it comes to the question of God and what it means if he doesn't exist.

Or, you're a petty and small minded pedant who doesn't have the mental capacity to consider a third option. You've been given it here. There isn't an excuse for continuing to talk like this anymore.

Quote:I don't need to know your name to tell what atheism and a universe without God/a purpose giver entails.

So what about a universe where we admit we don't know what's out there? Because literally everyone has been telling you that's what our position is. Are you seriously that stupid or illiterate that you don't get that?

Did you even read the posts that explained this to you?

Quote:I'm giving you plenty of answers regarding what a belief in God/a purposeful power entails. This being contrasted to alternative which essentially materialism, the coincidental byproduct of a directionless non-intelligent natural force that just exists as it is by itself.

So what if we're essentially neutral and waiting for better evidence than a jumped up little shit like you can produce?

Quote: If you want to reject God then it will help you to understand what thew deal actually would be rather than trying to argue, swear or accuse me lying about something. This is entirely truthful and true.

Consider the possibility that you're so infuriating you invite the swearing.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer. - by Esquilax - October 19, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debunk the divine origin LinuxGal 35 2428 October 9, 2023 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1372 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Age of the Universe/Earth Ferrocyanide 31 4118 January 8, 2020 at 10:06 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  questions Christians can't answer Fake Messiah 23 2944 October 15, 2019 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Acrobat
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10249 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  No-one under 25 in iceland believes god created the universe downbeatplumb 8 1822 August 19, 2018 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Christians: Why does the answer have to be god? IanHulett 67 15352 April 5, 2018 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Josh McDowell and the "atheistic" Internet Jehanne 43 6318 February 8, 2018 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Supernatural denial, atheistic hypocrisy? Victory123 56 9746 February 1, 2018 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  Miracles in Christianity - how to answer KiwiNFLFan 89 19165 December 24, 2017 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer