Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 7:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can a god, that apparently loves everyone, allow this kind of thing to happen?
RE: How can a god, that apparently loves everyone, allow this kind of thing to happen?
(October 22, 2013 at 1:17 pm)John V Wrote: One can compromise and then keep fighting. In the meantime, a lot of murders have been avoided. Makes sense to me, but there are a lot of Christians who agree with you and won't compromise in the slightest.
And they're on firmer ground than you are.
Quote:Theoretically you and they are correct. I'm just being practical.
Except that it's not a practical solution.
Quote:You can't end murder either. You can just reduce it by making it more difficult. Same with abortion.
So because I have the means to do so, I'll go to a civilized country for my medical care, and you can just force poor women into reproductive slavery, or injury from illegal abortions. That's awesome, and SO practical.
Quote:I disagree. We think of, for example, compassion as a good thing. Right now you think you're more compassionate than me on this subject. But think about it logically - you can't be compassionate if no one ever suffers. by allowing suffering, god also allows compassion, and sacrifice, and a bunch of other traits which we consider worthy and honorable, but which wouldn't exist without suffering in others.
And I keep telling you that this is a disgusting position. That you hold it is sickening. What a great rationalization for suffering babies. Again, if your god turned out to be real, I would do everything I could to fuck with it, the nasty asshole.
Quote:
Quote:But that's not what's happening with your compromise, either. You are saying that you would ALLOW the one to die in order to save the rest.
Yes, that's the case in both scenarios.
It seems you are saying you WOULD pick a child to die- or even kill it yourself- to save a bus full of kids. 'K.

(October 22, 2013 at 2:23 pm)John V Wrote:
(October 22, 2013 at 2:18 pm)Zazzy Wrote: Where on earth from that post do you get "having a baby with an early fatal disease is evil"? YOUR mindset- that such suffering is insignificant- is evil.

Oh, I see. You thought I mischaracterized your post, where you directly said that such suffering is insignificant, so you thought you'd do the same to me by, as I said earlier, deliberately twisting my words. Nice job. If you didn't mean that the suffering is insignificant, then RETRACT THE DAMNED POST THAT SAYS SO, which is likely to get you into FSTDT.
No, as I said, I only recently saw that you mischaracterized my post. But whatever - I'll take complete responsibility for misunderstanding you if it will get you to shut up about this distraction.
It's not a distraction. Your disgusting post about how such suffering is insignificant is the root of this whole conversation. You said DIRECTLY that such suffering is insignificant. If you didn't mean that, then say what you actually meant and quit whining about being mischaracterized.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How can ... kind of thing to happen? - by DLJ - October 22, 2013 at 8:46 am
RE: How can a god, that apparently loves everyone, allow this kind of thing to happen? - by Zazzy - October 22, 2013 at 2:26 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is going to happen when Jesus returns? Fake Messiah 21 2379 March 19, 2023 at 12:00 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Have you got some kind of Christian backgound? Dundee 25 3644 April 15, 2020 at 9:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Video #2 Why bad things happen to Good people. Drich 13 1722 January 6, 2020 at 11:05 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Kind of Shit Xtian Fucktards Teach Minimalist 12 2738 June 9, 2018 at 3:35 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  So, are the Boils of Egypt still a 'thing' ?? vorlon13 26 5837 May 8, 2018 at 1:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Why did god allow people to be born after the fall ? possibletarian 367 69196 November 24, 2017 at 1:59 am
Last Post: possibletarian
  Apparently The Fucking Baptists Have A Problem Minimalist 19 6657 June 25, 2017 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Virgin Births happen all the time?! Jehanne 11 2783 December 20, 2016 at 5:32 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  How does "Science prove that the miracles of the Bible did not happen" ? Emzap 62 11585 November 4, 2016 at 2:05 am
Last Post: dyresand
  So is crucifiction a bad or a good thing? Longhorn 75 22482 December 17, 2015 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Cyberman