Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 14, 2024, 3:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Britian knows how to put bigot Christians in their place
RE: Britian knows how to put bigot Christians in their place
Quote:rexbeccarox wrote:

Quote:And, you realize that there are a lot of different people on this forum, and that the term "atheist" has absolutely nothing to do with political views, right?
Quote:And, what on earth does this mean?

'Raven Wrote:There is room for both of us on this forum. I was not attacking you. I just disagree.

Or is that not alright?
I truly do not understand this. I did not see what you were getting at with pointing out something we all know, that being atheist has nothing to do with political views. I took it, apparently mistakenly, that you felt that I was attacking you for your views, probably out of a misguided notion that all atheists were of necessity of a decidedly left-of-center point of view. I was not doing such, and I don't presume that all my fellow atheists are left-of-center. If I got you upset in any way I apologize for that, but it most assuredly was not my intent to do so.

My words meant what they seem to - that I feel that there is plenty of room here for all of us - whatever any person's views are. I only brought up libertarianism on account of Rand Paul's public utterances. He has a fair number of fans, that was all that was about.

So, again - If I've upset you in any way, I apologize. I never meant to.
“To terrify children with the image of hell, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?”
― Christopher Hitchens

"That fear first created the gods is perhaps as true as anything so brief could be on so great a subject". - George Santayana

"If this is the best God can do, I'm not impressed". - George Carlin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Britian knows how to put bigot Christians in their place - by Raven - November 30, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This video will put a smile on your face. ignoramus 3 424 September 15, 2017 at 8:04 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  This took me back to a special place. ignoramus 1 502 January 5, 2017 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Fireball
  this will be making more money than hawking their dubious . . . vorlon13 0 419 December 12, 2016 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What do atheists tell their children downbeatplumb 17 3303 February 3, 2014 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: No_God
  rabbis warn fox news and glenn beck about their misuse of the holocaust downbeatplumb 18 7311 January 28, 2011 at 9:29 am
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Leonard Cohen: Everybody Knows g-mark 0 2014 June 24, 2009 at 8:11 am
Last Post: g-mark