Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 7:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Know thyself"
RE: "Know thyself"
The four points I've talked about before in more details in other threads and just repeated them. The new thing I brought is the following:

(December 27, 2013 at 8:42 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: However, what seems to the knowledge of the self, is the knowledge of the purpose and destination of our souls.

This where we come to know there is a link to the divine, our origins are from the light and to the light we return, we point our swords skyward and know there is a wisdom to being rooted here on earth while grow slowly above surface and towards the heavens (higher realms).

It seems we have gnostic mystic knowledge of goodness, to the extent, we know, it's inheritance is linked to higher realms of existence while being rooted to our experience on earth. That it takes higher forms and takes part of us, despite the passing of moment of time, and all this, we know a preserver and that there is a greater truth to who we are, than what we talk mundanely about ourselves or each other.

The preserver is the blessed one in the light/fire, the one by which the tree talks, and by which we are guided, and by which our actions, identity, take root in this world and will manifest in the next.

Whatever sight we have of the truth of ourselves, the sight is obviously borrowed from an objective eternal observer.

Which is linked to the four points but is ultimately not depend on them.

This was more of a food for thought, I am not too much into the mood to get into debate about these things like in the past.

I posted the first four as reminders to what I've discussed in more details and debates in the past.

Messages In This Thread
"Know thyself" - by MysticKnight - December 27, 2013 at 8:42 pm
RE: "Know thyself" - by paulpablo - December 27, 2013 at 9:03 pm
RE: "Know thyself" - by Neo-Scholastic - December 27, 2013 at 9:07 pm
RE: "Know thyself" - by StoryBook - December 27, 2013 at 9:13 pm
RE: "Know thyself" - by BrianSoddingBoru4 - December 27, 2013 at 9:36 pm
RE: "Know thyself" - by MysticKnight - December 27, 2013 at 10:26 pm
RE: "Know thyself" - by StoryBook - December 29, 2013 at 6:21 pm
RE: "Know thyself" - by Fidel_Castronaut - December 29, 2013 at 7:47 pm