Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 4:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Example of the Invisible Hand of the Market
RE: Another Example of the Invisible Hand of the Market
You are completely missing my point. Every single patient with a sound mind is in the end responsible for what drugs (s)he takes or not, but to only blame this problem on the developer is a cop-out. With all the doctors, nurses, pharmacists or any other health care personnel, someone has a responsibility to go through with the patient about his/her medication. So, let's go through who's to blame here: Company executives for being greedy, FDA agents for not doing their job, doctors for not having the time or being too sloppy with adding new medication and not knowing the anamnesis, other health personnel for not giving the information the customer needs, the customer for not realizing his/her own responsibility. To immediately jump to the tinfoil hat conclusion that "Big Pharma" is plotting against all customers, is to deny the bigger picture and not seeing the problem for what it really is.

Quote:The corrupt executives and FDA officials are the ones selling your product and fucking over the vulnerable. --- Harm has been done and the structure of Big Pharma allows yet another criminal crisis to occur.

A drug cannot be sold without a buyer. And think again, if you concluded that I applaud shoddy testing and releasing new drugs on the market before their safety is guaranteed. I think it's widely known here what my stance on the matter of ripping desperate people off is. What I'm pointing out is that for the private person, it is within his/hers best interest to at least get as intimate knowledge as possible regarding the medication one takes. If it is too daunting a task to find out on one's own (e.g. can't find trustworthy sources), there is bound to be professionals who can help, and if not, something is more rotten than "Big Pharma". The ones who allow the "criminal crisis" to occur are in the end the public. To cry out for better and safer testing is most definitely not uncalled for, but to say that you as a private person have no blame in it is to outright lie.

Quote:What's a bunch of dead innocents when you're desperate?

Right, because pharmaceutical companies aren't at all concerned with PR and and it's so profitable to have a trail of corpses lead to your front door..
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another Example of the Invisible Hand of the Market - by Kayenneh - January 21, 2014 at 11:04 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Don't hand me this garbage, FIST BUMP! Brian37 22 1873 November 4, 2020 at 5:06 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Why does it have to be government vs market? Aegon 15 3229 December 30, 2017 at 11:47 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  So This Is An Example Of What Democrats Are Supposed To Engage Minimalist 11 1845 November 9, 2017 at 12:46 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  They can have my c*ck when they pry it from my cold dead hand... Doubting Thomas 19 4409 March 14, 2017 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Trump - Leading the World by Example Zenith 2 531 March 7, 2017 at 10:45 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Is This An Example Of What Drumpf Means Minimalist 3 663 August 3, 2016 at 1:27 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Texas looks to follow UK's example T.J. 173 15449 June 28, 2016 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  All Hail The Free Market Minimalist 7 2436 September 26, 2015 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Are the Libertards Overplaying Their Hand? Minimalist 2 999 May 6, 2015 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  The Invisible Hand of the Market Has You By The Balls Minimalist 29 5938 March 17, 2015 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist