Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 6:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why are other civilizations ignored in the Bible?
RE: Why are other civilizations ignored in the Bible?
(February 24, 2014 at 7:45 pm)discipulus Wrote: Nice try. I commend you.

But alas...

Jesus was the Lamb of God who was slain. Christ I believe will always bear those marks in His wrists and His feet and His side so that we will always remember what an awesome sacrifice He made for us.

It is simply silly to think that a Christian who was beheaded for being a Christian would be resurrected without a head!!! ThinkingConfused Fall

None of the zombies in Matthew 27:52-53 were Christians.

(February 24, 2014 at 8:00 pm)discipulus Wrote:
(February 24, 2014 at 7:42 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I think we're chasing down a red herring. The issue isn't that George A Romero-style zombies lurched around; it's that people known to be dead came back to life and interacted with friends and relatives. Why did nobody outside the story write this down? How did that news not make it back to Rome?

Most N.T. scholars posit that since Matthew labels these resurrected people as "saints", that these were more than likely godly men and women that lived during the O.T.

If this indeed were the case, no one alive at the time would have recognized them because no one alive would have been alive when these "saints" had been alive.

But let me be charitable Stimbo. Let us posit that these "saints" were people who had recently died and were therefore recognizable to those who had known them....

How many Romans do you think were personally acquainted with these "saints"? Remember now, Rome was a pagan empire. Romans in general did not associate with those "strange Jewish folk". How many Romans do you think would have known these "saints" well enough to say: "Hey look! Over there! That is old Sam walking around, I knew him from Synagogue!!! He died ten years ago, now look at him! He is just as jubilant and full of energy as he was the day he slipped on the marble stairs and busted his head open!!"

I think you get my point.....ROFLOL

Come on Stimbo think about it.....

And even if I grant that the above was probable, what do you think the Roman intellectuals and politicians and historians would have said if one of their fellow Romans ran up to them and said: "Gee whiz! I just saw a man I knew. His name was Sam. Ten years ago he slipped on the marble stairs and busted his head open and died. Guess what guys???? I just SAW HIM WALKIN AROUND AND HE SAID HEY TO ME!!!!"

If you people treat me with polite disdain because I mention the supernatural, what do you think their response would have been????????

"Oh Oh hurry Tom, go get the stylus and tablet, we have to write this in the history books!!!!!!!!!" Confused Fall

No Stimbo....no

You and I both know it.

What's the point of writing that they "appeared to many" if no one knew who the zombies were? Were Adam & Eve, Cain & Abel some of the zombies? If so, what would be the point if no one knew who they were? I hope they didn't stink like Lazarus.

Messages In This Thread
Why are other civilizations ignored in the Bible? - by catman - February 15, 2014 at 11:56 pm
RE: Why are other civilizations ignored in the Bible? - by Lek - February 17, 2014 at 10:18 pm
RE: Why are other civilizations ignored in the Bible? - by Lek - February 21, 2014 at 10:07 pm
RE: Why are other civilizations ignored in the Bible? - by Lek - February 21, 2014 at 11:34 pm
RE: Why are other civilizations ignored in the Bible? - by Wyrd of Gawd - February 25, 2014 at 3:51 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are Paul's writings in the Bible? Fake Messiah 122 6999 October 8, 2023 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44906 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Other burning bush Fake Messiah 12 1747 May 13, 2021 at 8:58 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Birmingham Archdiocese 'ignored abuse to protect reputation' zebo-the-fat 6 1273 June 21, 2019 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: squidfetish
  Why believe the bible? Angrboda 286 38509 July 22, 2018 at 10:00 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Josephus and other contemporaries on Jesus JairCrawford 271 35068 July 14, 2018 at 7:35 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The other problems with Noahs ark dyresand 27 5220 April 7, 2017 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Christian Hell vs. Other Hells? TrueChristian 17 4866 January 13, 2016 at 12:59 am
Last Post: green.joel2
  Why Christians can't respect other's opinion? rado84 83 15077 July 15, 2015 at 3:40 am
Last Post: Longhorn
  life on other planets drfuzzy 26 5851 July 6, 2015 at 6:33 pm
Last Post: Iroscato