Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 1:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The You Can't Make This Shit Up Department
RE: The You Can't Make This Shit Up Department
(July 10, 2014 at 2:06 pm)Cato Wrote:
(July 10, 2014 at 1:50 pm)Blackout Wrote: Incitement of violence is a crime.

Apparently so are certain associations where you are. It's a thought crime.

It's not just an American ideal. Consult Article 20 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

But the right of association is not above other rights, such as the right of equality independently of race or gender, so if an association as an objective of promoting it it is not allowed. Period. It doesn't mean I don't accept the american way of doing things, it's a different perspective.

Here is the german example:
"Article 9 [Freedom of association]

(1) All Germans shall have the right to form corporations and other associations.

(2) Associations whose aims or activities contravene the criminal laws, or that are directed against the constitutional order or the concept of international understanding, shall be prohibited."

(July 10, 2014 at 2:33 pm)alpha male Wrote:
(July 10, 2014 at 1:50 pm)Blackout Wrote: I guess in america individual liberties prevail, while here public order and security is above individual liberties.
Note that public order is a part of fascism, while individual liberties aren't. Maybe that's part of the reason that some European countries went fascist while America didn't.

Public order and security is essential to any society. It also exist in fascism, but that doesn't mean a democracy doesn't need public order.

(July 10, 2014 at 2:37 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(July 10, 2014 at 1:50 pm)Blackout Wrote: I guess in america individual liberties prevail, while here public order and security is above individual liberties.

Sounds like an authoritarian wet dream to me.

An authoritarian regime would be a lot better than america's oligarchy... And authority is a necessity in any society, sometimes larger authority will be needed, other times less authority will be enough. Freedom without authority is chaos, authority without freedom is tyranny, finding a middle ground between both should be the purpose

Quote:That's true here too, but only if it's an immediate incitement to crime.
Same here, but again I guess for us fascist associations are a direct incitement to crime, just think about paramilitary groups used by former leaders that persecuted the opposition,
Quote:Yes, actually we do have that right.
we don't, we have the right to criticize, not insult. If I call someone a cunt or a bitch on national tv can't I get sued?

Quote:There are many Americans who don't understand why we have the right to bear arms. The NRA will tell you it is so that the people will retain the ability to rebel against the government. I'm not so sure. It's a contentious issue here.
Rebellion or revolution is not legal, but of course that's usually how it is, you can't make a revolution or coup d' etat, but this is useless, since in practice if we abolished our government and made a new constitution the old one would become ineffective, and a revolution usually means a new constitution
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Messages In This Thread
RE: The You Can't Make This Shit Up Department - by Dystopia - July 10, 2014 at 3:36 pm
RE: The You Can't Make This Shit Up Department - by Losty - July 13, 2014 at 10:20 pm
RE: The You Can't Make This Shit Up Department - by Losty - July 13, 2014 at 10:34 pm
RE: The You Can't Make This Shit Up Department - by Losty - July 13, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can Anyone Make Any Sense of These Trump Propaganda Brochures? Prof.Lunaphiles 2 371 April 21, 2020 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] Can you sew? Can you save a life? Gawdzilla Sama 30 2821 April 5, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [Serious] America can you pls stop meddling in countries you have no busienss in. Cepheus Ace 44 2704 March 26, 2019 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  AGW protesters glue themselves to gov energy department (UK) Duty 24 2425 February 17, 2019 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Fucking Catholic Sacks of Shit Minimalist 0 453 October 28, 2018 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The Lying Sack of Shit Keeps Lying Minimalist 16 1383 October 28, 2018 at 8:41 pm
  No Shit, Sherlock! Minimalist 0 391 August 3, 2018 at 11:51 am
  That's What You Get For Being Spineless Sacks of Shit Minimalist 5 692 June 20, 2018 at 4:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Whoops. Anyone Can Make A Mistake Minimalist 4 913 May 8, 2018 at 7:29 pm
  Franklin Graham Loses His Shit After Wisconsin Defeat Minimalist 9 1643 April 6, 2018 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: rskovride