Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 8:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Sam Harris becoming a pariah for the anti-religious cause?
RE: Is Sam Harris becoming a pariah for the anti-religious cause?
(July 29, 2014 at 8:30 am)Jaysyn Wrote: This conflict may not meet the metrics for genocide, but there are damn sure war crimes being committed by Israel.

Quote:“In recent weeks I was on the border of Gaza and getting reports from soldiers in the Gaza Strip who leak information out to me. I am in the process of publication of two big stories in major U.S. newspapers, but there are some things I can share with you right now: Soldiers in two different units inside Gaza leaked information about the murdering of Palestinians by sniper fire in Shuja’iyya neighborhood as punishment for the death of soldiers in their units.

After the shooting on the Israeli armored personnel carriers, which killed seven soldiers of the Golani Brigade, the Israeli army carried out a massacre in Shuja’iyya neighborhood. A day after the massacre, many Palestinians came to search for their relatives and their families in the rubble. In one of the videos uploaded to YouTube, a young Palestinian man Salem Shammaly calls the names of his family and looking for them between the ruins when he is suddenly shot at in his chest and falls down. A few seconds after that, there are two additional shootings from snipers into his body, killing him instantly. Since the video was released, there was no official response from the IDF spokesperson.

Today I can report that the official command that was handed down to the soldiers in Shujaiyya was to capture Palestinian homes as outposts. From these posts, the soldiers drew an imaginary red line, and amongst themselves decided to shoot to death anyone who crosses it. Anyone crossing the line was defined as a threat to their outposts, and was thus deemed a legitimate target. This was the official reasoning inside the units.

Hamas isn't innocent at all, but yes, I hold Israel's professional military to a much higher standard. So would the Hague.
That sounds terrible, but remember the hamas has suicide bombers in civilian clothing.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Sam Harris becoming a pariah for the anti-religious cause? - by Lemonvariable72 - July 29, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does Sam Harris mean by saying that religions are failed sciences? FlatAssembler 18 1185 January 23, 2024 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  History: The Iniquitous Anti-Christian French Revolution. Nishant Xavier 27 2325 August 6, 2023 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2092 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Does forming an atheist community pose a risk to becoming a religion? yogamaster 42 4779 June 22, 2019 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Angry Atheists and Anti-Theists Agnostico 186 19275 December 31, 2018 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3563 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Why America is anti-theist. Goosebump 3 1138 March 1, 2018 at 9:06 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Iceland is becoming atheist. Jehanne 13 2796 February 8, 2018 at 12:08 am
Last Post: haig
  Anti-Theism Haipule 134 25966 December 20, 2017 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Sam Harris (an atheist) says that God is possible/inevitable ThoughtCurvature 12 3119 September 5, 2017 at 5:27 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet