Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 8, 2024, 4:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the point of Atheist Activism?
RE: What is the point of Atheist Activism?
Quote:It was the Declaration which gave us our freedom to establish a government

Sheer nonsense. It was victory in the Revolutionary War (aided by both France and British stupidity) that gave us the ability to establish a government.

Long after the Declaration was written it was Thomas Paine who set the cause back on track after the disasters of 1776. Surely you remember Thomas Paine?

Quote:Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we called it the word of a demon that the Word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and for my own part, I sincerely detest it, as I detest everything that is cruel.
-- Thomas Paine

Messages In This Thread
What is the point of Atheist Activism? - by starbucks - June 2, 2010 at 1:53 am
RE: What is the point of Atheist Activism? - by Minimalist - June 3, 2010 at 12:44 pm
RE: What is the point of Atheist Activism? - by lrh9 - June 11, 2010 at 5:13 pm
RE: What is the point of Atheist Activism? - by padraic - June 12, 2010 at 9:10 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist activism of 2006 compared to today Bahana 17 6311 September 2, 2017 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Activism: Organizing Against A.G.s and County Clerks That Disobey SCOTUS Marriage... Secular Elf 0 907 June 29, 2015 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Secular Elf