Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 4:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam
@paul they are showing you a really minor acts but when that is always what you see you feel that this is what most muslims do see this link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Muslim_majority_countries
they show you some opression happen in 3 or 4 of all this muslim countries if the religion itself is the reason for that opression you will find that american or european muslims doing the same things done in afghanistan
at last i think whatever you see you must not be effected by that regarding religion if it is the truth if you keep looking for bad acts done by some religious group you will always find black sheep and i think that is not a good reason to even take into considiration
Quote:You cannot seperate culture from religion as they inform each other, in a sort of masturbatory circle.
am not with you in this the religion is suppose to correct anything wrong even in the culture i cant see the relation between them especially when the religion is all over the world in different countries with different cultures
Quote:You want me to only look to the koran or muslims to see the good side, but I have. For instance, you have presented the things that the koran says about women, but all of it has been shown to be not good at all, quite bad much of the time even. I have no reason to look further if that is the best you can present.
i hope you can tell me the rights that you think should have been given to the women in islam and it is not or the things that you see is not good for the women in islam
Quote:There is no afterlife, Mo. I think it's horrible that you have been taught that there is one, and that it has a bribery/threat system. Heaven is the bribe, and hell is the threat. They are not real, but they scare people a lot
thats what you think and thats your opinion all i say is that you dont want your believe to be based on confusions or based on what you hear or based on something you see is not right because your way of life is different you must identify every little aspect and regarding the heaven and hell i dont see them as bribe or threat they are results of your actions and also its just fair that the good will have a reward and the bad will get punished
Quote:especially if they are taught about them when they are young. Young people usually believe what they are told when the person telling them believes it too. It often guides what they believe as adults and what they teach their children.
maybe i was lucky that i wasnt born in a familly that think this way i dont remember them talking to me about religion at all or trying to force something on me and you cant genaralise this concept some people dont search in other religion as they dont find something wrong with their beliefs it just make sense to them and others dont care but there is others who search in every little thing to know the truth by themselves

Messages In This Thread
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by bozo - May 29, 2010 at 6:39 pm
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by ARMS - May 31, 2010 at 7:42 pm
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by ARMS - June 2, 2010 at 5:29 pm
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by ARMS - June 3, 2010 at 7:05 am
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by Violet - June 12, 2010 at 12:53 am
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by mo3taz3nbar - June 14, 2010 at 3:50 am
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by Dotard - June 14, 2010 at 11:23 pm
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by Dotard - June 17, 2010 at 12:46 am
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by annatar - June 22, 2010 at 12:40 pm
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by annatar - June 23, 2010 at 10:07 am
RE: refuting misconceptions:1-women in Islam - by Dotard - June 23, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women-Life-Freedom Movement in Iran Leonardo17 69 6591 April 7, 2023 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  The most stupid misconceptions about Islam R00tKiT 123 16309 October 22, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Quranic Reflection]: The tranquillity men find in women and women find in men WinterHold 62 8467 October 22, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Quranic Reflection]: Women have the right to state their own rights in the marriage WinterHold 34 4928 June 30, 2020 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  [Serious] Removing misconceptions of my path. Mystic 24 7498 January 8, 2020 at 6:54 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 8005 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Beating women in Islam WinterHold 255 40144 April 9, 2019 at 10:38 am
  Refuting the book "Islamic government" (series of lectures of Khomeini) Mystic 17 3147 October 21, 2018 at 6:18 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  How to not attribute evil by misconceptions to the Quran. Mystic 7 2178 April 2, 2018 at 10:13 am
  Saudi cleric says women too stupid to drive zebo-the-fat 38 7121 September 30, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Mystic