Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 1, 2024, 9:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
“The Problem of Evil” in atheism and in Islam
RE: “The Problem of Evil” in atheism and in Islam
Quote:In today’s world if some well trained and well-educated scientist, philosopher, artist, etc. comes to Islam then it is not because he/she loves fantasy or fairy tales but because Islam shows him/her vibrant logical truths. You can easily find interviews of these people on google and see yourself what they are saying about why they accept Islam as their religion.

Yes and the point I'm maintaining is that there are literally hundreds if not thousands of strange illogical cults that still manage to attract well educated people.

Quote:Whether I have explained you badly or you have understood poorly. I said there always are people who showed their dissatisfaction to some common law. Such people normally bring unusual contradictions for the purpose of "deception" whether deliberate or reckless by words or conduct as to fact or as to law, including a deception as to the present intentions of the person using the deception or any other person. They normally contradict in order to derive a personal gain. If small number of people deny some common law then that denial would not free them from their legal obligations. In normal situations, this sort of denial is not taken as justification to prove that the law is false.

So if there are such Muslims who do not want to follow Islam it is because they follow their desires in place of Islamic laws. That refusal does not makes any difference to the actual Islamic Laws.

You are understanding me poorly, not the other way around.
IN THIS POINT I AM NOT TRYING TO CRITICIZE ISLAMIC LAWS OR ANYTHING TO DO WITH ISLAM.
I'm criticizing you when you make an appeal to numbers by saying that there are so many billion Muslims in the world and I'd be going against them by saying there is no God.
My point is that yes my beliefs go against theirs, but in a billion Muslims there are vastly different opinions about what being a Muslim is, so while on paper they will all be classified in as the same thing, the reality is they are not all one big unified group.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: “The Problem of Evil” in atheism and in Islam - by paulpablo - February 5, 2015 at 10:01 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are cats evil beasts that should be killed to save mice? FlatAssembler 34 2664 November 28, 2022 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Fireball
  does evil exist? Quill01 51 3753 November 15, 2022 at 5:30 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  The argument against "evil", theists please come to the defense. Mystic 158 69236 December 29, 2017 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  One sentence that throws the problem of evil out of the window. Mystic 473 52528 November 12, 2017 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Reasoning showing homosexuality is evil. Mystic 315 48775 October 23, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Reasoning showing that heterosexuality is evil I_am_not_mafia 21 4728 October 23, 2017 at 8:23 am
Last Post: ignoramus
Wink Emoticons are Intrinsically Good and Evil Fireball 4 1119 October 21, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Succubus
  Is knowledge the root of all evil? Won2blv 22 6000 February 18, 2017 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Origin of evil Harris 186 23800 September 12, 2016 at 5:37 am
Last Post: Harris
  Aristotle and Islam chimp3 8 1230 June 29, 2016 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger