Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 8:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God Just Changed His Mind (from Evil to Good)
RE: God Just Changed His Mind (from Evil to Good)
(April 6, 2015 at 12:19 pm)Spooky Wrote:
Quote:I got the idea that god is a terrorist from what is written in the bible.

I'm positive the bible is not the word of god.

A bit hard to understand what you are saying.
If the bible is not the word of God (which by the way i also agree)
then how can you say that God is a terrorist which idea come from
what is written in the bible?
I mean why you give so much importance to what is written in the bible then?

(April 6, 2015 at 11:01 am)Riketto Wrote: Rob do you mind if i write a book about you without your consent and then i tell everybody that what is written in the book is what you said?
Would you be happy with that?  Hi Demon   Hi
You're implying god had a book written about her without her permission.  Ridiculous.  Why wouldn't god come down and set the record straight?

(Because she doesn't exist)

You as rob didn't get the irony that i did make.
If God would really intervene of course he would be really upset to see that some stupid people 
vandalize his words but again this is part and parcel of life.
If God would intervene every single time someone do something wrong then he would be here all the time
considering that people do wrong things all the time.
As i already said before a father let his grown up sons & daughters do whatever they like.
The karma law will eventually sort out all the problems.
That is how the system works according to yoga.  Hi Demon Hi  

(April 6, 2015 at 7:17 pm)Simon Moon Wrote:
(April 6, 2015 at 11:53 am)Riketto Wrote: Unfortunately your assuming is totally wrong.
I am not Christian or religious in any way but i believe in God.
Does that sound strange that someone can believe in God without being religious? 
As far as claiming to know God mind there is no need to be a super brainy person.
I just believe in what make sense.
Nothing really special therefore.  Smile

Do you know any attributes of the god you believe in?

Besides your personal experiences that you have related here, what actual evidence do you have that this god exists?

How does it make sense to believe something for which there is no supporting demonstrable and falsifiable evidence and valid/sound logic?

God is abstract.
The mind is also abstract.
As you can not perceive the mind with your physical senses
you also can not perceive God in a physical way so the only way a demonstration that God exist
is the same as a demonstration that the mind exist and that is through consciousness.
The less you got consciousness and the less you are aware that you exist.
A stone is not aware that she exist because her consciousness is next to zero but as you go up
and up into the conscious world you come to realize that you exist.
Some plants are more aware than other.
The climber know that if they move around in better places they will grow better.
This type of consciousness is then improved by animals and is further improved by humans.
The further you achieve consciousness and the more you realize who you really are.
When you reach the very top of human evolution then you know that there is no more differences between you and God.
God is within and you are God and his attributes lies in a state of total bliss.  Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: God Just Changed His Mind (from Evil to Good) - by Little Rik - April 7, 2015 at 4:49 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I deal with the belief that maybe... Just maybe... God exists and I'm... Gentle_Idiot 75 6731 November 23, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  "You just want to be your own god"? zwanzig 48 4578 July 7, 2021 at 5:01 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Bullshit "I'm an atheist but atheism is evil" article in the Grauniad boils my blood GUBU 13 2087 March 30, 2021 at 6:38 am
  James Randi deserves his own RIP thread. Brian37 27 2239 January 6, 2021 at 11:39 am
Last Post: RozzerusUnrelentus
  The Argument Against Evil-lution no one 19 3667 January 5, 2020 at 7:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Is religion a necessary evil? purplepurpose 35 5406 November 2, 2018 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Atheists who announce "I'm good without god" Bahana 220 23215 October 8, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  brainwashing & mind control techniques purplepurpose 6 1765 November 24, 2017 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Changing ones mind about a subject Sal 23 2770 November 21, 2017 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Shell B
  His wish sounds familiar purplepurpose 1 939 November 16, 2017 at 4:55 pm