Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 2:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abortion based on disability is eugenics - Here's why
RE: Abortion based on disability is eugenics - Here's why
(April 13, 2015 at 10:41 am)Dystopia Wrote:
(April 13, 2015 at 10:36 am)Alex K Wrote: Hmm. Can you briefly state again what your definition of eugenics is?

Can't you read it again?

It's an ideology or idea that seeks to create a better society trough the prevalence or majority of individuals with more desirable traits in detriment of individuals with less desirable traits.

Ok, if that is all, then I reject your claim that couples choosing which fetus to keep is in general eugenics. I don't think that couples who make that decision are thinking about the gene pool. They think about what their child is going to do when they are not there for it any more one day, the emotional burden, the suffering that might come with a disability, and yes, maybe also economic aspects. But improving the gene pool? If it plays a role I don't think it is a big one.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Messages In This Thread
RE: Abortion based on disability is eugenics - Here's why - by Alex K - April 13, 2015 at 10:59 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What testing do science based facts get through to be validated? I believe in Harry Potter 27 2881 November 15, 2019 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  The New Kilogram Is Here! The New Kilogram Is Here!! BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1370 May 21, 2019 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4