Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 11:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abortion based on disability is eugenics - Here's why
RE: Abortion based on disability is eugenics - Here's why
I'm not, personally, very subconscious about that one.  Having "normal" kids is plainly better,...even if there's not much difference between the kids once you have them.  I have 5, one suffered nerve damage in the womb and during delivery (left her arm inop)- nearly killed her mom on the way out.  Glad to have her, love her to death, I'll beat a bitch senseless (children included) if they ever say an unkind word to her on that count.....and I didn't take her out to the beach and throw her on the rocks on account of her disability and the good of the rest of us, -that- would be eugenics.

-but, it's better to have "normal" children.....and I'm not so sure that's eugenics.  Sorry.  I'm with Alex...it really does hinge on whether or not you're making some statement about the "good of the species" as a justification. Making a better person, a desired person. I do agree with you though, in a sense...that alot of our subconscious urges coincide or align with things like eugenics, racism (why wouldn't they?) - just...again, not sure that abortions based upon disability are or have to be one of those things.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Abortion based on disability is eugenics - Here's why - by The Grand Nudger - April 13, 2015 at 11:13 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What testing do science based facts get through to be validated? I believe in Harry Potter 27 2870 November 15, 2019 at 12:35 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  The New Kilogram Is Here! The New Kilogram Is Here!! BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1364 May 21, 2019 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4