Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 2:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay Girls.....Jesus Wants You to Fuck Like Bunnies
RE: Okay Girls.....Jesus Wants You to Fuck Like Bunnies
(July 15, 2015 at 11:06 am)Redbeard The Pink Wrote: Uhh no, they don't. That "one flesh" bullshit is just a theological scapegoat you're trying to state as a fact and then offer as support for your claim that marriage somehow creates a duty to hold another person's wants/needs as higher than one's own. When people get married, they're essentially agreeing to function as a family unit for legal and social purposes. They do not stop being themselves, and they do not fundamentally change from being two people into one, spiritually unified meta-person. There is no such thing as magic. Grow up.
ROFLOL

Soo... Let me see if I understand youre say here.. Paul in 1 Corthinians 7 is issuing an edict to support the reason you/this society defines as how and why people are to get married? And you in all of your pinky thinkie-ness can't see an issue with that line of reasoning?

Despite what you think marriage is and should be, Christianity doesn't seem to agree. Nor does it agree with how marriages were carried out before what Paul wrote in 1 cor 7 where the Man did indeed have complete control and domination over his wife. Paul was changing paradigm of marriage from a male dominated relationship to one where both partners work as one being would, He was changing the attitudes in the church that would have social classes dominate another to putting everyone on the same level or playing field. However in marriage he even went a step further. He sought to unite those who were marriage in a bond stronger than the bond between the brother and sisters in the church. Which is the reason we are to live for the other person and not for ourselves/selfish desires.

Quote:[color=#cc3399]My wife and I don't just live together. We also love each other for the unique individuals that we are, and we cooperate and help each other because of that love and because it's practical for our happiness and survival. When my wife does not wish to have sex, I respect those wishes, and I don't hold her marital "duty" over her head, even if we haven't had sex in a while. If I don't want to have sex, then she respects mine. If we both want to have sex (for whatever our individual reasons may be), then we have it. What we DON'T do is press the issue when one of us or the other is clearly not interested in having sex. What is so hard about this concept?
The problem lies in the power one spouce has over the other with sex. If you live for what you 'want' then 'you' become the reason something gets done.

This selfishness is not at the center of a Christian Marriage. I'm not say you can't live like this, I'm just pointing out we have two different engines powering our marriages.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Okay Girls.....Jesus Wants You to Fuck Like Bunnies - by Drich - July 15, 2015 at 11:55 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God JacquelineDeane55 78 21520 June 10, 2017 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Why is it okay when God kills people? Cecelia 107 28113 May 19, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: SteveII
  Girls drugged and abused at church-run home zebo-the-fat 20 2687 July 17, 2016 at 6:31 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Christians, what is it like to have a personal relationship with Jesus? GrandizerII 95 9752 July 16, 2016 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9756 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Christians, would you have saved Jesus, if you had he chance? Simon Moon 294 37592 July 2, 2016 at 11:23 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Here You Go, Girls.... Minimalist 27 3130 May 2, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  As Dumb A Fuck As The Rest Of The Silly Hat Brigade Minimalist 12 3612 March 23, 2016 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: The Atheist
  Fuck Off, Xtians! Minimalist 94 21169 July 27, 2015 at 11:14 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Fuck The Bible Minimalist 17 4435 July 14, 2015 at 4:10 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat