Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 11:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relapses of a recovering god-aholic
RE: Relapses of a recovering god-aholic
I never really had a religious emotional experience. I was still technically a Christian when The Passion of the Christ came out. I went with my whole family. I was the only one who didn't cry... and I'm the type that does cry because of movies. I did have some seemingly unexplainable occurrences, that blew my mind, but the human mind is so pro at convincing itself of things that it wants to believe. If you knew you were having a delusion, it wouldn't be a delusion. I'm not saying you're delusional, you seem to want to accept that there are reasonable, neurological and psychological reasons behind your experiences, and there are.

Religious indoctrination can be really tough to overcome.

Messages In This Thread
Relapses of a recovering god-aholic - by Blanca - March 31, 2012 at 10:16 pm
RE: Relapses of a recovering god-aholic - by Minimalist - March 31, 2012 at 10:33 pm
RE: Relapses of a recovering god-aholic - by Blanca - April 1, 2012 at 12:00 am
RE: Relapses of a recovering god-aholic - by Aegrus - March 31, 2012 at 11:29 pm
RE: Relapses of a recovering god-aholic - by Blanca - April 1, 2012 at 8:59 pm
RE: Relapses of a recovering god-aholic - by Erinome - April 1, 2012 at 2:15 am
RE: Relapses of a recovering god-aholic - by Minimalist - April 1, 2012 at 2:46 am
RE: Relapses of a recovering god-aholic - by Voltair - April 1, 2012 at 12:39 pm
RE: Relapses of a recovering god-aholic - by Voltair - April 3, 2012 at 2:15 pm
RE: Relapses of a recovering god-aholic - by Blanca - April 3, 2012 at 5:45 pm
RE: Relapses of a recovering god-aholic - by Welsh cake - April 3, 2012 at 4:55 pm
RE: Relapses of a recovering god-aholic - by Welsh cake - April 4, 2012 at 5:11 pm