Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why do evolutionists protect endagered species???
RE: Why do evolutionists protect endagered species???
(April 4, 2012 at 1:24 pm)elunico13 Wrote: By doing this they are contradicting their beliefs about natural selection, but so much time, money and effort goes into these projects. Could it be a reason contrary to what they believe? I think so.

All this is built on the presupposition that evolution is predicated on human actions. Natural selection is the dominant force propelling evolution in natural environments, not artifical recreations as in zoos. Any situation involving human intervention in species' survival is by definition the opposite of natural selection, except by way of the fact that humans are themselves the product of nature.

To assert that natural selection is a belief system of "evolutionists" is plain silly by itself, but to compound that with a triumphal claim that this belief must not be supportable because of all the money funnelled into saving endangered species is true tinfoil hat conspiracy territory. How about all the gravitationists spending vast sums of money so they can fly about in big metal birds? Could it be a reason contrary to what they believe? I think so.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the Big Bang. In fact, since it's nothing to do with evolution anyway, best not to mention it in this context at all.

I look forward to seeing none of this addressed in your reply.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why do evolutionists protect endagered species??? - by Cyberman - April 4, 2012 at 5:38 pm