Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Presentation to the Louisville Atheists
My Presentation to the Louisville Atheists
I don't know if I remembered to share this before but about 3 months ago I gave a presentation to the Louisville Atheists and Freethinkers on "The Jesus Timeline." I thought I'd share that here.

Warning: It is long, about 1 hour. I had no idea there was this much information.

The topic was about trying to construct a coherent timeline (and failing) with the Jesus story, attempting to reconcile all the different accounts with one another and with what we know of the actual history of the time. I also review all the ad hoc hypotheses that are improvised as a giant shoe-horn Christians use to make it all fit.

http://vimeo [dot] com/42345195

EDIT: Since Vimeo won't allow me to post the video on our forum, I've linked to the page.

EDIT AGAIN: OK, so even linking to the page causes an error. So I've typed the URL and people can copy and paste then.
I'll upload it to YouTube as soon as I can get a copy of the video.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Messages In This Thread
My Presentation to the Louisville Atheists - by DeistPaladin - July 27, 2012 at 7:31 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 11031 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar