Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe?
RE: Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe?
Quote:It's more about perspicuity than neurosis

Of course it is,just like being a Christian.--not at all to do with arrogance and bad manners.

Quote: (Dotard) As I always am highly interested to see what can possibly turn an Atheist -> Christian.

Oh me too; that's right on my list,just under eating my own scrotum.

Quote:I was an atheist until my mid-twenties, so I do know a thing or two about atheism.

Really? be fascinated to learn from you. All I know about atheism is that it's the lack of beliefs in gods. Have I missed something? Was there a memo changing the meaning of the term?

Quote:Most people do not respond very well to insulting tones and belittling remarks. But me, I don't respond at all.

As you can see,I DO respond,usually just once, I don't usually engage in flame wars. However,I don't suffer fools,so judging from your first post I doubt I'll have a lot to say to you.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I just live to be patronised by theist apologists.

I especially enjoyed the facile and moralistic view of Nihilism.I can't wait for a demonstration of mastery of Socratic method. Perhaps first have a glance at some of the more common logical fallacies,EG "Argument from authority". The claim of knowing about atheism by virtue of having been one, followed by a demonstration of the opposite.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe? - by padraic - July 2, 2009 at 1:18 am