Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe?
RE: Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe?
Quote:If that is a touque (winter hat?) argument so be it, I think it is still valid. I am certainly trying to focus and argue you position, not your self.

I was going to simply ignore your post but can't help myself but make a brief reply rather than dissect your entire post.

"tu quoque' ("you too") is a common logical fallacy.

To argue "my position is not Tu qouque because of X Y or Z",is perfectly reasonable

It is NOT reasonable to argue "well yes,it iS ,but it's valid anyway" as you have done,is nonsense. A logical fallacy invalidates an argument by definition.

I honestly don't know if you're just being deliberately bloody minded,or are simply unable to grasp the notion of a logical fallacy,which is NOT the same thing necessarily as "false".

IE:That I also patronised what's-his- face is true but irrelevant.

You think we're alike? For some odd reason,I don't consider that idea at all flattering. (to either of us)

Please don't think this a personal attack,indeedly doodly not.I'm merely pointing out that your posts make you appear a bit silly.Angel

Below is a good link which outlines some basics. I suggest you have a glance.Perhaps then you might come across slightly less ignorant and dippy in future posts.

I have nothing further to say to you on this matter.

Quote:A fallacy is an argument which provides poor reasoning in support of its conclusion. Fallacies differ from other bad arguments in that many people find them psychologically persuasive. That is, people will mistakenly take a fallacious argument to provide good reasons to believe its conclusion. An argument can be fallacious whether or not its conclusion is true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_fallacy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe? - by padraic - July 3, 2009 at 11:01 pm