Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 10:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe?
RE: Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe?
(July 4, 2009 at 8:27 am)Pippy Wrote: And Dotard,
Every atheist is a different kind as well.

No one claimed we are the same. You gave the impression you believe your brand of theism is very different. It's not. You paint it a different color and try to arrange it in a lovely pattern, but it's still a pile of bullocks. Different bullock, but bullock nonetheless.

Quote:I did not make such claim, this is Arcanus' thread. I in fact never made such claim. From the beginning I said the 'evidence' and 'truth' is relative and interpretive.

You jumped in on this thread claiming no responsibility to provide 'truths'. You made it your claim when you offered your contention Arcanus need not provide any proof or define his "truth". And truth is a synonym for actuality, certainty, correctness, exactness, fact, infallibility, precision, verity, authenticity, exactitude, factualism, legitimacy. So, just in case you ain't figured it out yet, "truth" by definition is NOT relative. If you are going to claim truth is not what it is defined to be, then you are playing the re-definition game and it is pointless to discuss anything with you.

Quote: I have to point out that it would be 'there "are" no other things', since "things" is plural. I do it to pick at what Arcanus said earlier, and because you called me idiotic.

Never called you idiotic. I stated to claim something is then refuse to share evidence of why you think it is, is idiotic.

Quote:There is plenty to talk about! I love trees very much, and am happy to see them awake and enjoying summer. How about you? I have seen a lot of New England, any one else? Even debate, What do you think of Jackson's crazy funeral party? I'm sure we can find something in there to argue, just for fun.

The Hello Kitty forums are that-a-way ----->

How the hell are any of those topics you mentioned remotely relevant? In what way could we draw a conclusion on the question of God from those topics?
(July 4, 2009 at 7:11 am)Arcanus Wrote: Sorry, I can't think of any truth that leads to a belief in a magical sky-daddy

Don't be ragging on my definition of God. Everyone defines "God" differently. I define it as "magical sky-daddy". If you cannot defend your statement "Truth leads to God" then why even post it? If you are unwilling to or cannot defend your contentions then why post them?
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe? - by Dotard - July 4, 2009 at 9:10 am