Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 16, 2024, 10:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The power of faith directed at Christians and Muslims
The power of faith directed at Christians and Muslims
I understand it. Been through it. It makes things seem true. It makes what you believe seem beautiful and sacred. It makes you feel you know it a certain manner. It gives you peace. It has a certain pleasurable taste to it.

And for that, I understand, where the religious people are coming from.

You knock and you receive. I asked God to give me guidance as a Muslim and it felt that God responded. It feels like God listens to your prayers.

You feel a holy bond with your brethren. They seem to be good people, while those nasty people whom oppose them seem to be bad insincere people.

It gives you strength and direction.

It's very powerful feeling. It's belief stronger then most beliefs.

The leaders of your sect seem wise and pious. The leaders of other sects feel like fools and deluded.

Disbelief feels terrifying and evil. It feels like it's the worst thing that can happen to you. It feels like it would be loosing the greatest treasure you have.

And for that, I don't blame you.

I'm not angry at myself for having been deluded for so long. So I am not upset at people from being deluded either.

I am going to advice the one thing Prophet Mohammad advised his people (see Suratal Saba): "Rise up and ponder, by yourself and in groups"

Easy to believe you thought things through. You have to reinvestigate your thoughts over and over again. You have to try to see arguments that would falsify your strong beliefs.

If your Christian, you believe this is true of all others, right? That they should rise up, and seek the truth. Ponder, search the depth of their minds/souls. Try to be honest with themselves. Not sastify themselves with their deluded beliefs.

Same if your Muslim.

And for that we are in agreement. But let's not be hypocrites. Do what you expect from others.

Muslims, you expect Atheists do ponder over the signs in the heavens and the earth, and in their "souls". You expect them to ponder over the verses of Quran and ponder over it's wisdom. You expect them to sincerely take the Quran miracle seriously.

You expect polytheists too rise up against their people's delusions and propaganda.

Whatever you think they should go through constantly, investigating and re-investigating, the same should be of you.

Don't have double standards.

Messages In This Thread
The power of faith directed at Christians and Muslims - by MysticKnight - October 26, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point does faith become insanity? Fake Messiah 64 3941 May 8, 2023 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The soft toys parents hope connect kids to their faith zebo-the-fat 13 1277 October 31, 2021 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Baha'i faith Figbash 5 984 April 13, 2020 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] Comfort in Faith at Death Shell B 142 11464 August 4, 2019 at 11:30 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Atheist who is having a crisis of faith emilsein 204 13336 April 29, 2019 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Question for Christians and Muslims Fake Messiah 24 2730 February 20, 2019 at 6:25 pm
Last Post: no one
  Faith industry Graufreud 8 922 August 8, 2018 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Muslims chime in...... Brian37 4 962 May 3, 2018 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  My faith is on hold. Mystic 16 4311 May 3, 2018 at 9:40 am
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Regarding the power of religion over emotions Macoleco 19 4120 April 1, 2018 at 4:46 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb