Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 8:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaza Mayhem
Gaza Mayhem
As a person who spent more than 30 years living and working in the Middle East, I am an inveterate Middle East watcher. Today I watched the news of the battle between Hamas and an extreme sect calling themselves Jund Ansar Allah - 'The Companions (or Helpers) of God' during Friday prayers at a mosque in Gaza (can anyone be more extreme than Hamas - apparently so). The story can be read on the BBC, the Los Angelles Time, the Boston Globe and the Irish Times websites so I wont go into the very bloody details. In reality I think the battle was between suni based islamic belief and that of the shias. The cleric who sparked it all off, Abdel Latif Mousa had declared an islamic emirate against the orders of Hamas not to do so. I suspect that this nutcase (Abdel) was perhaps backed by the Saudi Wahabi sect of islam which is violently opposed to shia islam and preaches that all shias should be killed (so much for the bullshit about muslim botherhood!!) while Hamas is backed by Iran, a staunchly shia state. There is also the likelihood that Abdel was Al Qaeda inspired, which is violently anti shia. This bloody and sordid incident highlights just how much religion has lead to so much evil in this region. Apparently, although Hamas appears to have crushed and killed Abdel and his band of lunatics - sorry fanatics, Jund Ansar Allah has promised revenge against Hamas. So we can probably look forward to more extreme violence.
We Atheists are sick and tired of hearing muslims claim that all they want is a world caliphate because only then will there be world peace. One has only has to look at the way muslims are killing each other over which version of islam is correct, to realise that if a caliphate were ever established we would probably have even more killing not less.

Messages In This Thread
Gaza Mayhem - by northumbrian66 - August 15, 2009 at 7:00 am
RE: Gaza Mayhem - by Edwardo Piet - August 15, 2009 at 9:31 am
RE: Gaza Mayhem - by Dotard - August 16, 2009 at 1:53 am
RE: Gaza Mayhem - by fr0d0 - August 16, 2009 at 7:10 am
RE: Gaza Mayhem - by Kyuuketsuki - August 16, 2009 at 7:57 am
RE: Gaza Mayhem - by northumbrian66 - August 18, 2009 at 7:06 am
RE: Gaza Mayhem - by Edwardo Piet - August 18, 2009 at 7:30 am
RE: Gaza Mayhem - by Kyuuketsuki - August 18, 2009 at 2:42 pm
RE: Gaza Mayhem - by Dotard - August 16, 2009 at 10:41 am
RE: Gaza Mayhem - by Tiberius - August 17, 2009 at 8:50 am
RE: Gaza Mayhem - by leo-rcc - August 17, 2009 at 9:24 am