Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 10:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roller Coaster thread!
Roller Coaster thread!
Because roller coasters are BEAST MODE: OFF ON [ULTRA]

Especially this one, new for 2013 at Cedar Point: The GateKeeper, the brainchild of the new Cedar Fair CEO, Matt Ouimett, who has the distinguished history of 17 years of employment with The Walt Disney Company for running their Disney Resorts and Disney Cruise companies, and B&M, their third at Cedar Point after Raptor and Mantis.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/gatekeeper

Features Wing Over Drops, Immelmann Loops, a Giant Flat Spin, zero-G rolls, a turn-around that then leads to the tower flyby and eventually the decapitation trick by going through the towers themselves. Shit is SICK.

And of course I can't forget about my all-time favorite roller coaster ever, also at Cedar Point, the Millenium Force, the enormous beastmachine that broke my fear of roller coasters permanently. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Force

And also at Cedar Point, the Blue Streak, my first roller coaster ever...and responsible for scaring me out of roller coasters for like, I think, six years? XD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Streak...r_Point%29

It was rickety as fuck, scared the shit outta me [I was eight]. I go on it now and I laugh but man that first time was brutal. I didn't ride anything all that intense for nearly six years until I was waiting in line for the Millenium Force with my brothers six years later. I looked at this machine, which was at the time the biggest roller coaster in the world [and the first to break the 300 foot height marker and had the steepest, fastest drop of its kind], and went paler than normal. But after waiting in line for two hours staring this thing down, as we approached the station I finally let my nuts drop.

"Fuck it. I'm going with you guys," I told my brothers, my jaw set and face stony, nodding in self-determination. My brothers raised their eyebrows, surprised, but the eldest smiled after a second. "Attaboy," was all he said, and he didn't stop smiling the entire time. We get on, and the train starts racing up the lift hill, since it uses a counterweight lift system instead of the older, slower chain lifts. It's also steep for a lift hill, VERY much so. As I looked out upon Lake Erie, shaking in terror and actually with tears running down my eyes but my jaw set tightly in defiance of my terror of heights and abnormal G-force changes, I found myself wishing I had just stayed behind, but too late now, I was committed. I took solace in the fact that at Cedar Point there's never been a ride-failure-induced fatality or even injury, and suddenly I was racing towards the ground, almost straight down, accelerating to 97 MPH.

And every moment after that was nothing but me screaming psychotically. Not in terror, but in wild glee. The feeling was intense and powerful, the adrenaline rush a wild ride. Every moment was sheer, unadulterated bliss. The ride was so smooth that it felt like the train was flying through the air instead of being attached to a track. We got off and I couldn't stop giggling in absolute glee. I had to sit down, my legs were shaking from the adrenaline. It took fifteen minutes before I could, still giggling and grinning like a superstoned idiot, get to the next ride. I've never been afraid of a roller coaster ever since, no matter how tall, rough, fast, or intense.

Messages In This Thread
Roller Coaster thread! - by Creed of Heresy - June 13, 2013 at 9:44 pm
RE: Roller Coaster thread! - by Faith No More - June 14, 2013 at 4:09 pm
RE: Roller Coaster thread! - by Savannahw - June 14, 2013 at 5:14 pm
RE: Roller Coaster thread! - by festive1 - June 14, 2013 at 5:28 pm
RE: Roller Coaster thread! - by Gilgamesh - June 14, 2013 at 7:53 pm
RE: Roller Coaster thread! - by Creed of Heresy - June 15, 2013 at 2:16 am
RE: Roller Coaster thread! - by Darth - June 14, 2013 at 8:46 pm
RE: Roller Coaster thread! - by festive1 - June 15, 2013 at 7:02 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Link us to your intro thread, first post and/or first thread Whateverist 35 4183 October 21, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Mystic