Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 9:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Religious moderates enable religious extremists
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists
(October 18, 2013 at 3:28 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Well that's the idea. You see, by being an atheist, I'm rejecting all gods

To reject all gods you must accept the one true God else you will have many gods. Not literal supernatural gods in this case of course but they don't have to be. You're getting a first rate Biblical education here, all the essential facts.

Quote:, so that means I'm growing the fundamentalists equally and they'll all kill each other off before they come after me because claiming someone else is god is more offensive than saying their gods aren't real.

That's not really the deal with Christian fundamentalism these days, they will just deny evolution ever happened or that the Earth is 6000 years old or campaign against the wickedness of homosexuality. Islamic fundamentalism still has bit more of the business about it, though I think the Quran may support it a little more than the Bible does, at least the New Testament. Even the violence of the Old Testament was directed at pagan people living in the land of Israel 3000 years ago or Jews that worked on the Sabbath day and whatever. But if you're looking for a passage that says "kill the unbelievers" then it's in the Quran somewhere. It does contradict the parts that say everyone should be free to believe what they choose though.

Quote:Great job encouraging the muslim fundamentalists by being a christian. Not very smart, but great job.

They may not like Christianity but you can be sure they they dislike atheism a thousand times more.

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Qur'an,_Hadith...s:Atheists
Come all ye faithful joyful and triumphant.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 18, 2013 at 10:36 am
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 18, 2013 at 11:11 am
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by Sword of Christ - October 18, 2013 at 3:46 pm
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 19, 2013 at 7:12 am
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 18, 2013 at 7:17 pm
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 19, 2013 at 12:07 pm
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 19, 2013 at 12:12 pm
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 19, 2013 at 12:23 pm
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 19, 2013 at 2:40 pm
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 20, 2013 at 7:32 am
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 20, 2013 at 7:48 am
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 20, 2013 at 12:06 pm
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 20, 2013 at 11:22 am
RE: Religious moderates enable religious extremists - by DLJ - October 20, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do some moderates get so attached to other believers? Der/die AtheistIn 4 1263 December 19, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What do fundamentalists think about moderates? Der/die AtheistIn 29 5791 September 17, 2017 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I don't understand moderates Der/die AtheistIn 12 2017 July 20, 2017 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  "But what about the moderates?" DeistPaladin 160 25536 December 19, 2014 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: dyresand