Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 27, 2024, 2:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irrational thinking in mathemathics
RE: Irrational thinking in mathemathics
[qoute)

I'd say you can only find what's rational by realising what's irrational...you have to distinguish between the two.
[/quote]

OK.That's what I am saying all the time:our brain is programmed by evolution for both types of thinking rational and irrational.
Nothing to do with the so called "soul".
Your analogy with memes migt be right :in the pool of rational memes are also irrational ones which as the genetic drift theory says are there
by mere randomness.
If this is true than it sustains my other crazy idea that causality and randomness are intertwinned laws of nature.
Irrational thinking in my opiniom is the basic layer of belief in supranatural forces with God as a particularization of this belief,

Messages In This Thread
Irrational thinking in mathemathics - by josef rosenkranz - October 11, 2008 at 12:01 pm
RE: Irrational thinking in mathemathics - by Edwardo Piet - October 11, 2008 at 7:41 pm
RE: Irrational thinking in mathemathics - by josef rosenkranz - October 14, 2008 at 12:22 pm
RE: Irrational thinking in mathemathics - by Edwardo Piet - October 15, 2008 at 11:16 am
RE: Irrational thinking in mathemathics - by josef rosenkranz - October 17, 2008 at 12:38 pm
RE: Irrational thinking in mathemathics - by Edwardo Piet - October 17, 2008 at 12:49 pm