Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 3:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University College London’s Nietzsche Club Is Banned
University College London’s Nietzsche Club Is Banned
Quote:Can debates about right-wing philosophers encourage fascism? That’s what the University College London students’ union decided when it barred the Nietzsche Club from holding meetings.

More than a century after Friedrich Nietzsche urged us to cast aside the standard rules of morality and move Beyond Good and Evil, a college philosophy society named in his honor has been banned for being too nasty.

The Nietzsche Club was barred from holding meetings at University College London after a ruling that discussions about right-wing philosophers could encourage fascism and endanger the student body. As well as Nietzsche, a favorite of Benito Mussolini, the philosophers to be studied included Julius Evola and Martin Heidegger, who have been cited as inspiration by far-right politicians.

-The student society was never allowed to hold a public meeting after a series of posters advertising the new group appeared on campus. One asked if there was “too much political correctness?” Another claimed: “Equality is a false God.”

Wait,since when was Nietzsche an fascist,racist or an sexists? What the hell?

Still thinking of Nietzsche as a right wing philosopher? Pretty ignorant.What the hell do this people think when they read Nietzsche you must be an complete idiot to confuse him with racism.

Quote:Now it has gone so far that I have to defend myself hand and foot against people who confuse me with these anti-Semitic canaille; after my own sister, my former sister, and after Widemann more recently have given the impetus to this most dire of all confusions. After I read the name Zarathustra in the anti-Semitic Correspondence my forbearance came to an end. I am now in a position of emergency defense against your spouse's Party. These accursed anti-Semite deformities shall not sully my ideal!!

Nietzsche Banned
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?

-Douglas Adams

Messages In This Thread
University College London’s Nietzsche Club Is Banned - by MountainsWinAgain - June 7, 2014 at 6:49 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trans women banned from world chess LinuxGal 37 2865 October 15, 2023 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Vegan couple banned from owning pets Foxaèr 11 1010 May 9, 2021 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Face coverings in public banned Foxaèr 10 729 March 10, 2021 at 6:13 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Misinformation drops dramatically after Trump gets banned from Twitter TaraJo 22 1683 January 20, 2021 at 9:59 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Guns banned in Michigan State Capitol. onlinebiker 52 3008 January 13, 2021 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  London police to roll out facial recognition CCTV Duty 22 1540 January 24, 2020 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: Fireball
Exclamation London: Barbarians in the Bahraini Embassy ReptilianPeon 0 401 August 7, 2019 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  The unvaccinated banned from public. brewer 4 450 March 26, 2019 at 9:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Ghanem Almasarir, Saudi Human Rights Activist attacked in London WinterHold 3 613 October 12, 2018 at 4:02 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Gay conversion therapy' to be banned as part of LGBT equality plan possibletarian 9 1257 July 4, 2018 at 9:58 pm
Last Post: Amarok