Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Sam Harris becoming a pariah for the anti-religious cause?
RE: Is Sam Harris becoming a pariah for the anti-religious cause?
(July 28, 2014 at 8:03 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(July 28, 2014 at 7:48 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: Not nearly as many as there have been Palestinians.

How many? Do you not know?

Quote:You say don't fire at the school right? Well they are firing at your schools, do you wait until they kill your children? All the while you get to look weak, and because they think your weak they try harder to kill you.

Facepalm This is exactly the kind of thought process which makes people have sympathy for Israel. As though they are 'under attack' on anywhere near the scale as what the Palestinians are. As though Hamas and Israel are two powers on a comparable level. What Israeli schools have been bombed by Hamas in this conflict? I must have missed that news story.

This conflict has nothing to do with looking weak, if you think that then you know even less than me about it.

On another note, I just found a rather interesting article (user written article) on the subject:
http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Palestine...g-20140714

I know Moros would berate me because I'm sitting here not coming up with any solutions. He's berated me for that in the past. Truth is, I don't know what would stop this conflict and indeed if there is even a solution to it. The article I quoted seems to reflect my thoughts on the matter though, and gives a solution that I find to be better than what is going on right now. Perhaps this solution is too idealistic but I do think both sides are in the wrong, however the crucial point that I can see, is that it's Israel who needs to be doing more. It's Israel that should stop the bombing, it's Israel who should make more of an attempt to solve the current oppression that is going on in Palestine. They are the ones who bear more responsibility from what I can see. The barbaric and mindless attitude of "kill them all" that Moros expressed earlier, is still, fucking disgusting IMHO.

With that, I'ma shut up. Probably derailed this thread a fair bit and arguing about any of this is futile.

I never said the conflict was about looking week only that looking weak is what happens when you don't retaliate. In truth the only way thus conflict will end is if isreal puts the Palestinians down the way the roman put down the Jews or the Gauls. And no I never want to live to see that.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Sam Harris becoming a pariah for the anti-religious cause? - by Lemonvariable72 - July 28, 2014 at 8:15 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What does Sam Harris mean by saying that religions are failed sciences? FlatAssembler 18 1087 January 23, 2024 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  History: The Iniquitous Anti-Christian French Revolution. Nishant Xavier 27 2256 August 6, 2023 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2018 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Does forming an atheist community pose a risk to becoming a religion? yogamaster 42 4660 June 22, 2019 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Angry Atheists and Anti-Theists Agnostico 186 18672 December 31, 2018 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Isn't Atheism anti Christian than anti religious? Western part atleast Kibbi 14 3509 October 5, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Why America is anti-theist. Goosebump 3 1120 March 1, 2018 at 9:06 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Iceland is becoming atheist. Jehanne 13 2722 February 8, 2018 at 12:08 am
Last Post: haig
  Anti-Theism Haipule 134 25276 December 20, 2017 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Sam Harris (an atheist) says that God is possible/inevitable ThoughtCurvature 12 3030 September 5, 2017 at 5:27 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet