Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 21, 2024, 3:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Atheism a religion as say...Theravada Buddhism?
RE: Is Atheism a religion as say...Theravada Buddhism?
(February 17, 2010 at 8:57 pm)fr0d0 Wrote: Maybe the common atheist beliefs we all know and love could be categorised as something so as not to incur the non linkable deluge of derision from totally independent thinkers not at all similar in any way or form except for their one similarity of "disbelief in gods" (I'm quoting Adrian Syn - have a go at him ok!?).

So the common belief is that they're all different. Check.
(February 17, 2010 at 9:28 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(February 17, 2010 at 6:16 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: CP,

That is shocking, they should have to report all cashflows to validate that they are, in fact, not turning a profit.

Rhizo

I spent 33 years with the IRS and there are a relative handful of highly specialized revenue agents who work on Exempt organizations. Usually, when they are sent after a religious organization it is on the basis of a squeal by a disgruntled worker. The church usually reacts with typical arrogance and the management caves in. If they try to stick it out these religious fucks turn to their congressman or senators to call off the dogs. It almost always works.

I counted 8 churches on one block in an inner city area in NJ. It's a big business. No wonder there are more than 33,000 denominations.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Atheism a religion as say...Theravada Buddhism? - by tavarish - February 17, 2010 at 11:31 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird facts about Buddhism no one talks about! curiosne 12 3802 November 27, 2017 at 2:48 am
Last Post: chorlton
  Buddhism! SisterAgatha 25 4506 November 20, 2017 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: curiosne
  Another reason Buddhism doesn't get a pass. Brian37 141 20418 May 20, 2016 at 8:27 am
Last Post: EuphoricAtheist
  Thoughts on Buddhism Laurens 440 185314 May 9, 2012 at 5:03 am
Last Post: ace1ventura