Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 5, 2024, 5:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Grown Salad :)
RE: Home Grown Salad :)
(June 19, 2015 at 12:18 pm)Rhythm Wrote: You know.....if you take a two liter bottle and cut off the bottom, then flip it over and apply heat to neck and cap threads until they soften enough to invert them....finally punching holes in the "new" top (the cut bottom) you can hang that wherever you get enough sun and grow indeterminate tomatoes like a bawss on the cheap (determinates are too heavy and produce less and in a less favorable manner for the home gardener, in any case).  The tomato grows out of the bottom (stem through the old pouring spout), you water from the top (the bottle becomes both the medium retention and the nutrient reservoir).  Fill it with shredded coconut husks or shredded spag/peat to cut down on weight and apply a quality hydro solution for best effect.

Eat it, topsy turvy.

-Or, you can send me about 1k USD and I'll send you an automated battery of hydro towers fit to the specs of your balcony?
(I jest, I jest......you'll have to buy them from someone else..lol)

So...who else is gardening or growing tomatoes......I want pics!....it's a fetish Sleepy

Thats an awesome idea.. i never thought about a home grown topsy turvy.. i would have to get the tomato as a small plug to get it through...

BTW, I picked my first tomato yesterday!!!! a tiny runt, but I'm proud of it none the less!!! Sorry, no pic... I still havent mastered the art of adding a pic to these threads

you can see it on my IG account if you'd like.. its @itsaflatworld
QuarkDriven  
   KCCO
North NJ l USA l Earth
Milky Way l The Universe

Messages In This Thread
Home Grown Salad :) - by QuarkDriven - June 19, 2015 at 12:02 pm
RE: Home Grown Salad :) - by QuarkDriven - June 19, 2015 at 12:05 pm
RE: Home Grown Salad :) - by Nope - June 19, 2015 at 12:11 pm
RE: Home Grown Salad :) - by The Grand Nudger - June 19, 2015 at 12:18 pm
RE: Home Grown Salad :) - by QuarkDriven - July 10, 2015 at 11:15 am
RE: Home Grown Salad :) - by Crossless1 - June 19, 2015 at 3:51 pm