Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 18, 2024, 6:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did I do something wrong? I just got called a radical feminist.
RE: Did I do something wrong? I just got called a radical feminist.
(August 25, 2015 at 2:19 pm)Yeauxleaux Wrote: Why is being radical even a bad thing? As long as you're not attacking people for no reason there's nothing wrong with being "radical".

I hate how "radical" has been appropriated into a dirty word (mostly because it's used totally out of context and with false meaning to describe Islamism), same for how people throw around this "I'm not a feminist" thing like being a feminist is so bad. Sure you can debate whether or not men can call themselves "feminist" but men can certainly be pro-women, and that's nothing to be ashamed of.

Well, every time I talk about why I'm not a feminist on EmptyClosets, the conversation never ends well. They assume that because I'm not a feminist that I'm anti woman, even though I always mention that my feminism related views are counted under my humanism. So, I try not to engage in the topic of feminism much. I try to defend the rights of women by not bringing up me not being a feminist. Because all I want to do is discuss women's rights and not have my labels, brought up as an Ad Hominem argument, i.e "Why should I listen to you? You're not a feminist. For all I know, you're probably anti-woman." Or "For all I know, you're probably not serious about your arguments" or some stupid shit like that.
If pinkie pie isn't real, then how do you explain the existence of ponies, huh? If ponies are real, then that's proof that Pinkie Pie is real. Checkmate, christians!  Heart

-- Book of Pinkie Pie 7:3

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did I do something wrong? I just got called a radical feminist. - by IanHulett - August 25, 2015 at 2:36 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Something to watch for (or avoid) The Valkyrie 24 2321 October 4, 2023 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Something to think about .... scamper 16 1696 November 13, 2022 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  A hint at something deeper Ahriman 0 217 October 5, 2022 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  The right way to be and the wrong way to be Ahriman 57 4910 April 29, 2022 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I went to the wrong kind of school. onlinebiker 5 456 April 20, 2022 at 3:26 pm
  Something for nothing onlinebiker 92 5105 September 14, 2021 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The really real Something For Nothing no one 1 405 September 12, 2021 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7420 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Pizza, just bit the bullet, trying something new. Brian37 19 1392 June 14, 2021 at 11:58 am
  What ya got growing this summer? brewer 11 555 June 5, 2021 at 8:25 pm