Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone discovered a successful way to make religious people atheist?
Has anyone discovered a successful way to make religious people atheist?
I've observed over time that religious people do not use logic to defend their arguments. They may use logical fallacies or gotchya questions to try to back up their positions, but they know that there's no logical basis for the arguments that they try to make. So, it's difficult to argue with these people, because they don't think scientifically. Science is self scrutinizing and changes what it believes based on the new findings of it's studies. If someone isn't willing to open their mind up to new possibilities and eventually realize the absurdity, that there's really no logical reason to believe god exists, how could they ever become an atheist?

On a purely hypothetical basis, regardless of why you would want to change someone's beliefs, I pose this question. Why someone would want to change someone's beliefs is a matter of personal opinion, not everyone in the atheist community may even think that people should have their beliefs taken away. I firmly believe that to advance as a society we should try to make people think more critically, for a better well being of humanity. I believe that atheist thinkers have some of the strongest minds, I've observed this by listening to them and following atheist talk shows, which strike me as more intellectual and in tune with the world around them. This is to me, why striving for a more atheist world would be beneficial.

Messages In This Thread
Has anyone discovered a successful way to make religious people atheist? - by Phosphorescent Panties - April 8, 2016 at 4:40 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you had to pick between people who pimp prostitutes vs religious people Woah0 22 1950 August 28, 2022 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Theocracy on the way Spongebob 94 5705 January 19, 2022 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Atheists, do you think Florence Nightingale was a way better person than that fraud Kimbu42 6 993 October 11, 2021 at 9:43 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Local woman says only way she has survived during COVID is faith Tomatoshadow2 41 2856 December 21, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Atheists. Does life uh... find a way? Richimorto 6 995 July 29, 2020 at 12:44 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the forum.... jessieban 39 3729 June 21, 2019 at 8:11 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Having religious friends when you're atheist Bahana 15 2647 March 10, 2019 at 1:37 am
Last Post: fredd bear
  Has anyone here deconverted because of AF? Jehanne 21 4175 July 20, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Anyone here wear atheist/humanist jewelry? Foxaèr 24 3532 March 5, 2018 at 2:20 am
Last Post: rskovride
  I like to treat religious people nice. Jeezypete 27 4354 February 6, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire