Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"heaven" meme on facebook
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook
(April 29, 2016 at 9:57 am)Redbeard The Pink Wrote:
(April 29, 2016 at 9:00 am)Wryetui Wrote: I have some problems understanding your reasoning, if you allow me. "And the only important thing in your life is keeping an imaginary sky-daddy happy so you get to go to the good place after you die. And the only important thing in your life is keeping an imaginary sky-daddy happy so you get to go to the good place after you die.", " I have personally witnessed the misery and evil that this mindset creates. I have witnessed families torn apart by parents who believe that god will send them to hell if they don't disown their children. I have witnessed the fear of children, praying to be "good enough" so they will get into heaven instead of burning."

Can you explain to me the nature of these theologically wrong bolded prepositions? It is becoming clear to me that you do not, in fact, "hate this madness called christianity", but you have made an idea of what christianity is (in your head) and you are attacking theology based on your own idea, not the original one. Can you read this? https://blogs.ancientfaith.com/glory2god...kalomiros/

Ah, one of these.

He's right, dude. Your religion is a death cult that touts cruelty, evil, and spiritual threats. You have simply done the mental gymnastics/been indoctrinated to such an extent that you don't see this.

Yes, according to your religion, the only point of Earthly life is so god can decide whether to burn you, and the only way to stop him is to placate his demands.

Yes, according to your religion,  Jehovah sends  people to Hell. They do not send themselves.

If a robber sticks a gun in my chest and says he'll kill me if I don't give him all my money, am I killing myself if I refuse him?

There is no such thing as correct theology. God is a lie.

Your response automatically starts wrong by you stating "ah, one of these", that is, inmediately labeling my person and tying me up to a certain pre-existent idea you have about a group of persons.

I believe that none of the blank statements you have made in your post are correct, but rather based on a fictional form of christianity that you have created yourself, and are judging me and my beliefs in base of that.

You will have to provide to me evidence that "my religion is a death cult that touts cruelty, evil and spiritual threats", that is, you will have to show me how the Orthodox Church act like this and when exactly, otherwise I will not believe you and I will conclude that your statements are empty and devoid of any meaning.

Also, you have made the following statement about me: "You have simply done the mental gymnastics/been indoctrinated to such an extent that you don't see this." This is another blank statement, a huge accusation about a person you do not know, again based on your own made-up ideas. I was not blessed with someone who could have indoctrinated me because there was never such a person in my life, to my regret. I was an atheist like you, whom, following the philosophy of Nietschze, Kant and many others I reached the point in which God could not have been something that exists. Only after that I began to study Patristic theology and philosophy, besides Platonism and Neoplatonism, and I have concluded that atheism is wrong in its very nature.

"Yes, according to your religion, the only point of Earthly life is so god can decide whether to burn you, and the only way to stop him is to placate his demands.", this is wrong, again. No, it is not wrong that the point in this earthly life is to redeem from sin and reach communion with God, theosis, but the rest of the phrase is utterly wrong. God does not decides whether or not "He burns us" and no, nothing you can ever do will ever affect God's emotion towards you, love, so there is no such thing as called "to placate his demands" because he is not a tyrant. At this point I understood that you are mad at God, or, at a kind of being that you call "God" but its entirely made up by you. This kind of emotionalism stops you from seeing the truth, which can only be attained in serenity and free of prejudices.

"Yes, according to your religion, Jehovah sends people to Hell. They do not send themselves.
If a robber sticks a gun in my chest and says he'll kill me if I don't give him all my money, am I killing myself if I refuse him?", this is blatantly false, again. Hell is not a place people get sent to, this is not heathenism, we do not believe in a place where the wicked get everlasting punishment for their deeds, that is paganism, so there cannot be something as "sending people to Hell" because Hell or Heaven are not places at all, it is not like you send someone to Virginia. Heaven and hell are relations to or experiences of God's just and loving presence. There is no created place of divine absence, nor is hell an ontological separation from God. One expression of the Eastern teaching is that hell and heaven are dimensions of God's intensifying presence, as this presence is experienced either as torment or as paradise depending on the spiritual state of a person dwelling with God. For one who hates God and by extension hates himself as God's image-bearer, to be encompassed by the divine presence could only result in unspeakable anguish. At this point I have acknowledged that you have no idea what "my religion" is, and you, in extension, cannot "hate my religion" since you did not describe it at all, you did not even talk about it.

No, "If a robber sticks a gun in my chest and says he'll kill me if I don't give him all my money, am I killing myself if I refuse him?", if a robber sticks a gun in your chest threatening you with killing you, you are not killing yourself if you refuse him, but your analogy is wrong since it has little to relate with the discussion, even if you believe it is perfect. I will give you an example. When I was little I went with my parents to see an underground cave, the most famous one in Spain, in a guided visit. However, that day was stormy, and I was afraid that we may miss the trip because of the rain, but the things changed and the sun started shining again, I cannot describe the happiness I felt when I saw the sun, its rays and its warm presence. We went to the cave and we spent, doing the guided visit, about half an hour in a overwhelming darkness (it was an underground cave), but my surprise was when we finally went outside. My first feeling was pain, pain everywhere. I felt like the sun was my worst enemy, its rays were now hurting me, I did not wanted to see the light anymore, I did not want it to shine, I would have wished that all the clouds in the world would have protected me! My eyes, of course, after all that time underground, got used to the darkness, and, when seeing the sun, the light afflicted me. Do you believe I should have started screaming and shouting to the sun things like: "Why are you punishing me?!" or "Why do you torment me like this?!", no, it did not make sense. The sun was exactly the same sun, it did not change at all, the same sun that conforted and gave me heat, that made me happy before entering the cave is now hurting me in the worst manner! It was not the sun's fault, the sun kept being like it always was, it was me that changed after going into the darkness, not the sun. The sun was not punishing me, I just felt the sun in an another way. Do you understand?

Moderator Notice
Duplicate post deleted by Robvalue.
"Let us commit ourselves and one another and our whole life to Christ, our God"
 - Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom

[Image: ixs081.png]

Messages In This Thread
"heaven" meme on facebook - by drfuzzy - April 28, 2016 at 3:07 pm
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by The Valkyrie - April 28, 2016 at 3:38 pm
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by KevinM1 - April 28, 2016 at 3:39 pm
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by Cecelia - April 28, 2016 at 6:37 pm
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by Mermaid - April 28, 2016 at 7:02 pm
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by Society - April 28, 2016 at 9:17 pm
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by Wryetui - April 29, 2016 at 9:00 am
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by Alex K - April 29, 2016 at 9:46 am
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by Wryetui - April 29, 2016 at 9:54 am
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by Alex K - April 29, 2016 at 11:42 am
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by Wryetui - April 29, 2016 at 5:56 pm
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by GUBU - May 1, 2016 at 7:29 am
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by Redbeard The Pink - April 29, 2016 at 9:57 am
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by Wryetui - April 29, 2016 at 11:04 am
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by Redbeard The Pink - April 30, 2016 at 2:04 am
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by Wryetui - April 30, 2016 at 4:55 am
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by Redbeard The Pink - May 2, 2016 at 12:50 am
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by GUBU - May 1, 2016 at 7:24 am
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by Wryetui - May 1, 2016 at 11:47 am
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by TheRocketSurgeon - May 1, 2016 at 12:38 pm
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by GUBU - May 1, 2016 at 2:08 pm
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by Wryetui - May 1, 2016 at 5:12 pm
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by TheRocketSurgeon - May 1, 2016 at 5:26 pm
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by GUBU - May 2, 2016 at 4:44 am
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by drfuzzy - May 1, 2016 at 6:28 pm
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by Wryetui - May 1, 2016 at 7:09 pm
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by drfuzzy - May 1, 2016 at 7:43 pm
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by Wryetui - May 1, 2016 at 7:53 pm
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by drfuzzy - May 1, 2016 at 8:21 pm
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by TheRocketSurgeon - May 1, 2016 at 11:01 pm
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by GUBU - May 2, 2016 at 4:37 am
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by Joods - May 2, 2016 at 12:59 am
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by drfuzzy - April 29, 2016 at 11:22 am
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by Minimalist - April 30, 2016 at 2:17 am
RE: "heaven" meme on facebook - by TheRocketSurgeon - April 30, 2016 at 11:49 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there free will in Heaven? zwanzig 54 4544 April 12, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Eternity in Heaven - Scary? JairCrawford 47 5480 July 26, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  2011 post from Facebook regarding 2012 "rapture" Foxaèr 1 568 May 23, 2018 at 10:25 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Pope Francis -- dogs go to Heaven! Jehanne 34 5533 October 19, 2017 at 3:46 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  There is a difference between salvation, and the rewards of Heaven Drich 45 13659 July 31, 2017 at 9:27 am
Last Post: Drich
  Why do Christians want to go to Heaven? Fake Messiah 52 19128 June 28, 2017 at 9:29 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Are there animals in heaven? Mermaid 53 8512 November 7, 2015 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  My thoughts on heaven dyresand 24 7189 November 3, 2015 at 5:57 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Bible way to Heaven sinnerdaniel94 362 52646 October 14, 2015 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Heaven is full of tapeworms Brakeman 15 4541 August 13, 2015 at 10:23 am
Last Post: orangebox21