Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 4, 2024, 5:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems understanding naturalistically the beginning of the universe
Bug 
Problems understanding naturalistically the beginning of the universe
Hello to everyone (I have seen a post that is like this one but the forum adviced me to create another thread since that one was too old).

This matter "worried" me most when I was an atheist. I deeply believe that God created ex-nihilo the universe and I find it correct due to a number of reasons, but in this thread I am interested in speaking only naturalistically, in order to consider if actually the atheist cosmology is plausible now that I have a better understanding of the world and to eventually find a solution to this struggle that my atheist friends now (and myself many years ago) have. According to the Wikipedia: "The Big Bang is a scientific theory about how the universe started, and then made the groups of stars (called galaxies) we see today. The universe began as very hot, small, and dense, with no stars, atoms, form, or structure (called a "singularity"). Then about 14 billion years ago, space expanded very quickly (thus the name "Big Bang"), resulting in the formation of atoms, which eventually led to the creation of stars and galaxies. The universe is still expanding today, but getting colder as well.", and this is what I believed. But my main question is, since: "The universe began as very hot, small, and dense, with no stars, atoms, form, or structure (called a "singularity"). Then about 14 billion years ago, space expanded very quickly", since the universe actually began, where did it begin from? The universe is all we know for sure (and sometimes not even for sure), but how can something exist outside the universe? Where was this very hot, small and dense structure since the universe "didn't happen" yet?

Thank you, and I remind that I would want this thread to remain naturalistic, without interference from any kind of religion account.
"Let us commit ourselves and one another and our whole life to Christ, our God"
 - Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom

[Image: ixs081.png]

Messages In This Thread
Problems understanding naturalistically the beginning of the universe - by Wryetui - May 1, 2016 at 8:13 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible that the universe could be eternal??... dave4shmups 145 17117 August 9, 2023 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  The Universe Is Not Locally Real Foxaèr 52 5375 December 31, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Infinite Universe? JairCrawford 13 1198 May 4, 2022 at 5:17 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Now we know when the first stars in the universe switched on Foxaèr 1 411 June 28, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Another universe existed before ours Foxaèr 27 2559 November 29, 2020 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Watching a show "How The Universe Works" Brian37 13 1880 July 24, 2018 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Inflation without a beginning: a null boundary proposal Jehanne 7 943 May 30, 2018 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Total stars in Universe is rougly equal to the total number (ever) of human cells. Jehanne 39 6407 May 24, 2018 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  An infinite, beginningless and eternal Universe is taken seriously by scientists. Jehanne 20 3955 March 18, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  What Does Gravity Have To Do WithThe Expanding Universe? Rhondazvous 42 6101 February 26, 2018 at 8:14 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet