Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent problem not receiving account verification email
Recent problem not receiving account verification email
Hi all,

I was trying to establish an account on Atheist Forums all this week and after a long journey I feel I need to share my experience in the hope that something good can come out of it.

I first created an account and went to my user CP in order to set up the profile and other details. There was a link to "activate my account" by sending a verification email. After filling out the form I checked my mail. Then my junk mail. Waited four hours, tried again. Nothing. The next day came and I still didn't have a verification email. So I went to the forum to try to figure things out.

Well, I couldn't send a message to staff/admins without verifying my account. So I went through the private profiles of mods and staff until I found a member I could contact through another channel. Eventually we did get it all sorted. As it turned out, the site was not sending verification emails at all.

Which brings me to my suggestion.  Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the site, look in the lower left corner where it says "Contact Us." That link is dead. There is no mailing address associated with that mail-to link.  Could I get a site admin or staff to associate an email address with that link so that AF can handle problems like mine?

Messages In This Thread
Recent problem not receiving account verification email - by mihoda - September 21, 2016 at 12:41 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Fixed pending verification] Link display is too similar to regular text SteelCurtain 7 1514 April 4, 2015 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Recent posts and threads box missing Tobie 0 755 April 2, 2015 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: Tobie