Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Wonder What He'd Have Thought of Brexit?
RE: I Wonder What He'd Have Thought of Brexit?
(December 9, 2016 at 6:48 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(December 9, 2016 at 2:32 am)Bella Morte Wrote: I was actually more referring to the title.

I'm Scottish.

I know who he is.

I'm also a Unionist so that's why I don't care about what some nobody from 700 years ago would think of the greatest thing Britain has achieved in a long time.

Thanks for your answer though!

What Britain has achieved through Brexit is an irreversible diminishing of its world position and wealth, Britain will still exist, but it will be a lesser thing, a withered husk of former glory.  In time the folly of our exit will become apparent and we will crawl back to the EU with tails between legs. Its as inevitable as the sun rising in the morning.

Britain has been a withered husk of former glory since 1945.  There was painful denial for about 25 years, but then the denial became too silly to maintain.  But forget glory.  Britain has no real position and not a lot of wealth.  Britain has been nothing, a little jaunt to the falkland notwithstanding, and is nothing.  It has not yet dawned on Britain that the denial of the fact that it is nothing is also too silly to maintain.

What Britain gave up through brexit is a chance to put the nothingness that is Britain behind her and be a part of something that has much more potential.  What Britain chose was to continue to be nothing alone in the hope that denial can last forever and the rest of the world would for some reason humor Britain as Britain the glide happily along as if it were still something.

Messages In This Thread
I Wonder What He'd Have Thought of Brexit? - by Minimalist - December 9, 2016 at 12:44 am
RE: I Wonder What He'd Have Thought of Brexit? - by Amarok - December 9, 2016 at 2:19 pm
RE: I Wonder What He'd Have Thought of Brexit? - by Anomalocaris - December 11, 2016 at 10:42 am
RE: I Wonder What He'd Have Thought of Brexit? - by Iroscato - December 9, 2016 at 7:35 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pompeii - A Little Bit Later Than Thought Minimalist 0 229 October 16, 2018 at 12:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Wow. I wonder how much this will cost? Minimalist 3 953 August 25, 2016 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Seems the Angkor Wat complex is much larger than previously thought. GUBU 1 736 June 11, 2016 at 6:54 am
Last Post: Little lunch