Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islam is hostile, but there is also lots of bias from muslims and bigotry aswell
Islam is hostile, but there is also lots of bias from muslims and bigotry aswell
Well first of all. It is a hostile religion i will say that.

Basically here is a verse that says in the next last chapter in a historical view of revelation. I think the last chapter was 110 but its nothing much of interest in it from what i know
In either case most are familiar with this verse

Surah 9:29
"Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

The question is what does it mean to fight? Well i am sure there are different methods. From my memory of reading Sahih al-bukhari they glorify martyrdom constantly. There is an entire book on that. I think Book 56 Jihad and Book 64 Military expeditions. Or maybe the name title was the opposite, been awhile since i read those.

In either case. The question is does this mean all muslims now just have to go on a jihad course. While holy wars is a part of the religion its not everything. I'll explain with these verse in terms of people in general aka unbelievers.

Surah 9:7
How can there be for the polytheists a treaty in the sight of Allah and with His Messenger, except for those with whom you made a treaty at al-Masjid al-Haram? So as long as they are upright toward you, be upright toward them. Indeed, Allah loves the righteous [who fear Him].

Read more further from here if you wish its not so friendly that i can tell

Well this is the reason why for example your muslim friend wont kill you, although some may interpret this just in context of these polytheists but if thats the case then you can do that to every surah in that chapter in either case it can be used as a justisification to be upright towards non muslims from what i get.

Bias information like for example David Wood who i partly agree with but is so bias on other stuff to justify his belief is incredibly dishonest, although the same could be said about islamic apologetics too or fundamentalists on the internet. Either case it is yes a hostile religion but basically to translate, if you act nicely towards your friend then no problem we are cool. But its deffinetely a hostile religion, the problem is the distorted view is more or less that they are robots who cant think by some people. I mean fundamentalists may be crazy though but sometimes bigotry seems to get the best in people instead of reasons.

While i certainly think we can do better than religious fundamentalism in the future in terms of values. But that is just me.

Messages In This Thread
Islam is hostile, but there is also lots of bias from muslims and bigotry aswell - by Rolandson - December 31, 2016 at 11:21 am

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Is there a Moderate Form of Political Islam? Leonardo17 39 1284 March 29, 2024 at 7:07 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Muslims , please answer this . Enlightened Ape 13 2213 August 13, 2022 at 10:32 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  [Quranic Reflection]: Anthropomorphism and God in Islam WinterHold 15 1562 June 16, 2021 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Sudan scraps apostasy law and alcohol ban for non-Muslims zebo-the-fat 19 4048 October 14, 2020 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  [Quranic Reflection]: What should Muslims do when the verses of God are made fun of? WinterHold 37 5770 September 9, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  [Remember]: how the Spanish infedels treated Muslims WinterHold 146 11701 August 8, 2020 at 4:18 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Muslims: If the Koran is Unaltered... chimp3 57 7781 April 21, 2020 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7859 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  For being religious, Muslims sure lie a lot! Jehanne 12 1613 October 20, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Should muslims obey infidel leaders in non islamic countries? Rika82 6 1020 September 13, 2018 at 4:10 am
Last Post: pocaracas