Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 19, 2024, 11:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid Question That's Bothering Me
RE: Stupid Question That's Bothering Me
(July 21, 2011 at 8:39 am)BloodyHeretic Wrote: On the one hand there is a wealth of scientific observation and analysis to suggest that is indeed what we are, and as for the opposing view offered, well, where are you getting that from? What journal was that published in?
Oh, no, the opposing view is just a hypothetical argument that a theist or supernaturalist might respond with. I was having a conversation with my cousin (Buddhist) about the afterlife and, while explaining to her the naturalist view on human beings, distracted myself with possible contradictions to what I was saying about us being heat machines. I think I just unnecessarily confused myself.

"Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stupid Question That's Bothering Me - by CharlieMilles - July 21, 2011 at 8:46 am
RE: Stupid Question That's Bothering Me - by factotum - September 9, 2011 at 7:11 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Dear stupid: how many times does the earth rotate in a year? Aractus 304 39492 July 3, 2016 at 8:29 am
Last Post: ignoramus