Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 12, 2024, 6:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe?
RE: Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe?
(July 9, 2009 at 1:07 am)Arcanus Wrote: I did purchase The God Delusion, after all, which suffers from innumerable weaknesses.
Such as? Not that I overly disagree with you on the point, I just wanted to know what weaknesses you saw from a theist's angle.

I can't really comment on Bart Erham that much. I've read the first few chapters of Misquoting Jesus and he seemed to present a few good contradictions that even other biblical scholars agree on (because of errors copying the text, etc). The main problem he has is that since the earliest copy of the Bible is 1,600 years old, there are a lot of errors to be expected from copying copies. As he puts it, "we don't have the copies of the originals; we don't even have the copies of the copies of the copies..."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do mimsy atheists gyre and gimble in the wabe? - by Tiberius - July 9, 2009 at 7:29 am