Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 20, 2024, 3:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to effectively critique New Age ideas?
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas?
(January 28, 2013 at 3:29 pm)cato123 Wrote: Enough of this Lanza/Chopra bullshit.

Biocentrism Demystified:
http://nirmukta.com/2009/12/14/biocentri...-universe/

I didn't say that Biocentrism is true. I was just pointing out that New Agers get their ideas from scientists who appear on DC's show. When the scientist concerned agrees with something that DC says the New Agers will disregard any criticism of things they want to hear. They'll also disregard any criticism of respected physicists like Schroedinger saying that the universe runs on consciousness.

(January 28, 2013 at 3:50 pm)Zone Wrote: Quantum mechanics is just the physics of the very small which works very differently from what we understand of Newtonian physics on the larger scales. We haven't been able to unify these two yet. But just because it's very strange it doesn't mean there's anything mystical going on it's still just physics and understandable natural laws.

Did you take a look at any of Amit Goswami's books on Amazon? Quote from his Amazon page.

Quote:Goswami has written six other popular books based on his research on quantum physics and consciousness. In The Visionary Window, Goswami demonstrated how science and spirituality could be integrated. In Physics of the Soul he developed a theory of survival after death and reincarnation. His book Quantum Creativity is a tour de force instruction about how to engage in both outer and inner creativity. Goswami's book, The Quantum Doctor integrates conventional and alternative medicine.

@cato123

I found something very interesting in that article you gave a link to.

Quote:We can safely assume that Lanza and Chopra are more concerned with the implications of Darwinian evolution on the nature of the human ego, and not on the theory of evolution by natural selection.

Both Chopra and Lanza seem to be disillusioned by the perceived emptiness of a non-directional evolutionary reality.

Unfortunately I can't add that to my opening post in my own topic because the time for editing has long gone.
Badger Badger Badger Badger Where are the snake and mushroom smilies?

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by Ben Davis - January 14, 2013 at 10:55 am
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by C3P0 - January 14, 2013 at 9:45 am
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by Annik - January 14, 2013 at 10:59 am
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by jonb - January 14, 2013 at 11:12 am
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by killybob - January 22, 2013 at 12:24 pm
How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by Euler - January 27, 2013 at 2:02 pm
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by Esquilax - January 28, 2013 at 6:48 am
How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by Euler - January 27, 2013 at 4:35 pm
How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by Euler - January 27, 2013 at 6:43 pm
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by Zone - January 28, 2013 at 1:06 pm
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by Zone - January 28, 2013 at 3:50 pm
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by jonb - January 28, 2013 at 1:11 pm
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by Cato - January 28, 2013 at 3:29 pm
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by Confused Ape - January 28, 2013 at 4:41 pm
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by Cato - January 28, 2013 at 5:28 pm
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by Zone - January 28, 2013 at 6:31 pm
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by Zone - February 1, 2013 at 10:13 am
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by Angrboda - January 30, 2013 at 2:57 am
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by Zone - February 1, 2013 at 12:25 pm
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by Zone - February 1, 2013 at 1:16 pm
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by Zone - February 1, 2013 at 2:59 pm
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by Zone - February 1, 2013 at 4:20 pm
RE: How to effectively critique New Age ideas? - by Zone - February 1, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The New Age Bullshit Generator Amarok 18 3433 October 8, 2018 at 12:54 pm
Last Post: LastPoet