Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 15, 2024, 5:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws
RE: Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws
Yes, Aract, I'm having an argument over whether or not the earth has a greenhouse effect, and whether or not we are dumping metric shitloads of greenhouse gas into the atmosphere exacerbating this effect. Do you know why? Because that's one portion of what AGW -is-. It's not the doomsday models, it's not the political agenda. For one shining moment it seemed like we might find some common ground as you seem to be in opposition to the models, the agenda - but then - if I'm reading you correctly, you casually mentioned that you just don't see how it's possible to achieve or enhance the greenhouse effect using trace gas? Being that the trace gas in question is a greenhouse gas - which has been demonstrably shown (in principle, in the lab, in commercial application, in environmental sciences - there is no dispute as to what greenhouse gas does - none- it's settled) to have such an effect- I'm at a loss to explain this to you in any other way.....

Regardless of whether or not the earth is in a natural warming cycle - the greenhouse effect will be -in effect-. Enhancing this effect in any way (like, say, dumping metric shitloads of greenhouse gas into the atmosphere) means that we are responsible for this portion of whatever warming we experience. It does not mean that the models you see are accurate. It does not mean that the legislation you see is prudent. It would be dismally easy to discredit this, all we have to do is pump a dense amount of greenhouse gas into an area and observe a cooling in temperature (won't happen). All we have to do is observe a mechanism operating here on the earth counteracting the effect (like Lindzens iris) - hasn't happened.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Messages In This Thread
Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws - by Sciworks - January 16, 2013 at 9:48 am
RE: Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws - by Aractus - January 16, 2013 at 10:08 am
RE: Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws - by Aractus - January 19, 2013 at 10:24 pm
RE: Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws - by jonb - January 18, 2013 at 6:01 pm
RE: Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws - by Aractus - January 20, 2013 at 12:09 am
RE: Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws - by Aractus - January 20, 2013 at 10:11 am
RE: Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws - by Aractus - January 27, 2013 at 10:46 am
RE: Bad Science Almost Imposing Restrictive Laws - by The Grand Nudger - January 28, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  truth about game theory, bad or good for the world? Quill01 13 2259 August 21, 2021 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Damn! How bad did they want to burn up Ted Bundy ? vorlon13 2 1030 December 12, 2016 at 1:48 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Why combating bad claims is important. Brian37 9 2338 November 24, 2015 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Brian37